VIP Executive Arts Hotel
US$185
Orbitz.com
US$221
1,150 results
All reviewsparque dasclose to the airportoriente metro stationbig shopping centerhigher floorrooms are cleaneasy accessgamataxineighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good business hotel near airport Room has everything that you need and was very spacious. Mine had a fine view over the River Tagus. Beds a little hard. Wifi works well There are some shops and cafes / restaurants nearby and I would recommend "The Fifties" American diner. Breakfast was a disappointment and coffee was awful! Staff friendly and welcoming

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

There is nothing VIP or Executive about this hotel!

Shower was a dribble and constantly went from scalding hot to freezing cold.

Beds were very hard and extremely uncomfortable, like sleeping on concrete. Woke up with hip pain during the night.

Rooms are very dark with no essentials and tv was like something out of the dark ages.

Breakfast is disgusting and the only thing that was edible was the toast!

Poor location in terms of surrounding restaurants. Everything is burgers and fast food. I would definitely recommend going into the city centre for a different experience.

Staff were friendly and pleasant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria E
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very basic. Not very welcoming. Hotel lobby/reception is cold and stark with half the lights not working. Hotel public areas are dark particularly in the lobby, restaurant and bar.
Rooms are so basic: no soft furnishings, facial tissues, shoe shine, etc.
No tea/coffee facilities in rooms, which is totally unacceptable. Wooden, scratched floors mean you can hear others walking around with shoes on.
Paper thin walls, so you can hear everything. Poor nights sleep. Earplugs a must.
Cleaners do a poor job. Found a hair in my bed and in the bath when I arrived. They only give you one toilet roll at a time so when I ran out I had to ask for another, how ridiculous. Neither do they replace shower gel and shampoo unless you leave them a note. On my last night, I came back after a day out to find they had taken away all the hand towels and not replaced them!
Bathroom is basic and in desperate need of updating. One morning there was some sort of insect on the wall. The sink drain needed unblocking and the area around the toilet smelt of urine. How pleasant.
Bed and pillows are hard, lumpy and very comfortable. Pillows and sheets have very faint smell of bleach.
Breakfast is disgusting. Plates are not kept warm so your food goes cold the time you return to your table. Food is poorly cooked and of very poor quality (eg mushrooms out of a tin and fatty bacon cooked so much it's hard and chewy). Hardly any choice, especially if you have any food intolerances. They certainly don't even understand the concept of gluten free.
On the plus side. My room was bright in the mornings when sun was out which was nice and could see a glimpse of the estuary between buildings.
Staff are friendly. Restaurant serves fantastic food in the evenings. Cannot fault the chef. Strangely for the 3 nights that I ate there I was the only one in the entire restaurant! I wonder whether guests think breakfast is so bad they daren't possibly try going there for dinner. What a shame. I feel sorry for the evening chef and restaurant staff. Overall there is no way on earth this is a 4 star hotel and those that give this place a good review must be easily pleased.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sparkles700
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed there 2 times. I was positively surprised by this place, compared to the price. Modern, big room, and a stunning view from my room. I spent at least 1 hour simply staring at the surrounding sitting at the window. They called a taxi at the middle of the night for me, and service was always great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CyrilLamark
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Rock solid beds. And by rock solid, I don't mean sturdy, I literally mean rock solid. Everything in this hotel looked as if our stay were to be perfect. The ambiance, the always smiling staff, the view and the room itself. However, when I went for what I thought to be a good night sleep, I found myself waking up several times during the night just to change position because some part of my body (mainly shoulders) where aching. Summing up, despite the low price paid for the night, I won't stay again at this hotel provided there is an alternative as I couldn't get a proper night of sleep.

Room Tip: If you'd like to enjoy the view, take a room on the 13th floor, facing the river.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business