I stayed here in business for four nights. I can not stay that I didn't have a nice stay, but I would expected more from a 4 star hotel and for the price that you pay.
Unfortunately the hotel does not have WiFi so you need to give a deposit at the reception in order to borrow a LAN cable. I had some difficulties to get my Internet connection to work, and it took one and a half day for them to come and help me solve it. But when the IT guys eventually came, the solved it in 20 minutes. But this makes you wonder if it would be easier to just install WiFI...?
The rooms are modern, clean and nice - no complains there. In some of the other reviews I noticed that people complained about noise, especially from the nearby train station, but I did not notice anything like that.
The breakfast buffé is served in a very unpersonal dining room, that I think should be updated and could be more "cosy". It has many large tables for 8 to 10 people - how often are you that many eating breakfast together...?
Since there are many international guests in the hotel, I would have appreciated if the hotel restaurant would have been open all day, and not closed in the afternoon (it opened 19.30 in the evening like restaurants in general do in Lisbon). Then they would acknowledge that some of us have other meatimes than the Portugese.
The hotel is located in an area called "Oriente", close to the fair area FIL and not far from the shopping centre Vasco da Gama. It is a modern and business-like area, so if you are looking for a more "genuine" side of Lisbon, you should go for another hotel more close to the city centre. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the nearest metro station, and from there you reach the city centre within 15 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel VIP Executive Arts is a modern 4 star hotel with 300 rooms (including 11 suites), which combines design, hospitality and a good quality service, in order to meet its guests needs of comfort and wellbeing. Featuring eight meeting rooms and a modern auditorium, the Hotel also offers a full range of restaurants and parking for over 500 cars. Hotel VIP Executive Arts is situated in the Parque das Nações quater, the new business centre of Lisbon. In a dynamic and modern urban centre, you can find, within walking distance of the hotel, the Congress Centre of Lisbon (FIL), a vast network of recreational services, as well as privileged access to Lisbon International Airport and an extensive transport network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your VIP Executive Arts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vip Executive Arts Lisbon
- Vip Executive Arts Hotel Lisbon