Review Highlights
A unique experince to learn about Portuguese cuisine and culture

Spent a lovely day with Duarte and Filomena for their Culinary experience. The day included going... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
Barbara T
This tour made our visit to Lisbon !!!

Incredible, personalized tour with Filomena! I highly recommend doing this tour at the beginning... read more

Reviewed 30 October 2018
Lori H

All reviews gourmet tour food and wine tinned fish culinary experience food tour eating and drinking downtown tour tapas wonderful dishes mercado da ribeira suckling pig food scene pork sandwich portuguese cuisine fantastic introduction sardines would highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We spent 10 days in Portugal and Eat Drink Walk was definitely one of the highlights. The food was incredible and Filomena was informative and delightful. We ate, drank and walked our way around the city finding local cuisines and restaurants we definitely wouldn't have experienced without the tour. You will do yourself a disservice if you don't take time for this tour in Lisbon!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The short version is , great value , great food and engaging conversation.
The long version: Duarte met us at TimeOut Market. He took just the two of us on a tour of the old and new areas of the complex giving us samplings of food as we went. We also had cherry wine, white and red wine as well as green wine : all delightful.
Duarte as gave us the historical and modern day perspective of foods.
We left the markets and walked the former Red Light district where we enjoyed fish treats. On to Chiado , all the while engaging in lively discussion and gleaning insider tips from Duarte. Upmarket restaurant: salted cod and pic a pau. Amazing and right beside the square where the Carnation Revolution was staged. But there was more : inside gin bar to view outstanding street art, up to the platform of The Elevator for the views . Coffee and nata .
No rush , no stress. A lovely day, 4 hours , spent as you would with a friend.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I can’t imagine my trip to Lisbon without my time with Duarte. He was such lovely company and tells you stories, doesn’t just point out buildings and memorized city facts. Beyond that, the amount of food (and wine!) is incredible and so is the quality. Everything was delicious! Meat cheese prawns cod tinned fish etc... Duarte is so good at giving advice for the rest of your trip. It’s truly worth the money (and I am not one to splurge when I travel, this is so worth it).

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is the best city tour I have ever been on....eating, drinking and walking around a beautiful city with Duarte and Enrique was one of the best days out ever! I am not one for sightseeing - statues and buildings are not really my thing if that's all that a tour offers, however when a tour focusses on my favourite hobbies (eating and drinking), and sights are pointed out as part of that - then sign me up!!!

Duarte took us to places we would never have found in a million years to taste local cuisine and drinks, all the time explaining things in an interesting way, not the usual tour guide pointing out things for the sake of it, but making it all part of the same experience and actually becoming part of our rather large and at times, unruly group.

There were 16 of us which is no mean feat to control, but both Enrique and Duarte took time to speak to every one of us to ensure we were happy. I would do it all again tomorrow, and cannot recommend this highly enough - if you go to Lisbon and you don't book this, my advice, don't bother going at all as you'll really miss out.

1  Thank Babblekat10
Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is much more than just a cooking class. "Experience" is the correct description. Duarte and Filomena are terrific hosts and it truly felt like having a wonderful lunch with good friends. The trip to the market to buy a few fresh items for the Portuguese meal was very informative. We learned a lot out Portuguese cooking methods and ingredients. Filomena did a great job of showing us how each dish was made. The results, of course, were delicious. Their house is beautiful and truly authentic. Duarte did a great job showing us many sights on the way there and back. You could not ask for a better experience. It was much more than we expected and we highly recommend the Eat Drink Walk "Culinary Experience" with Duarte and Filomena