“not believe the positive reviews”
Review of Zenit Lisboa

Zenit Lisboa
Ranked #114 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 10 June 2013

They gave me a room with the central system of light broken. When I got to the room and I realized the problem first denied that there was any problem, and then assumed they sent a lady who told me the room to enter and remove several times, the magnetic card that everything was resolved: completion: at night the air conditioning stopped working, the lights are dimmed and I spent all night having to get up, open and close the door and re-enter the card magnetic repeatedly to turn on the central system. I ended up opening the windows but the noise night did not let me sleep one night relaxed and continued the next day despite having a conference. In the morning I took a shower and go out to breakfast when I got to the room the door was open, I called the front desk and said that the cleaner had gone to the room in my absence because they thought I was gone!! ! Not apologized at any time. Hotel that had no respect for the customer: given a room with problems despite knowing that he had left and the client have a bad night's sleep. Inadmissible.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ritinha_8

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We spent one night here, prior to heading to the airport the next morning. It is modern, which I like. We had an 8th floor room, away from city noise, and although the construction and design is good quality, it was painfully worn. The room only had space for one suitcase, and for two people, was too small. The room safe was too small to fit an I-Pad. Curtains were ripped, the bed was lumpy -- difficult to sit on, felt like a waterbed. The coils/springs could be felt right through the apparently thin mattress. The bathroom sink did not drain. A doorstop was between your feet as you sat on the toilet. The toilet paper holder was very hard to reach, and I have long arms. But, breakfast was an abundant and diverse buffet. Very nice, but after 10 days of eating out, we did not partake of it hardly at all. Besides, we were in a hurry to get to the airport.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were booked here to attend a business conference. The staff were very helpful with recommendations, airline boarding passes, taxis, and restaurant reservations. Our room was booked as a single and was quite small, but we made it work. We were surprised to find only a small packet of tissues and not a box of tissues in the bathroom - not a deal breaker and we got multiple packets of tissues when we asked. Also the lobby is down a small flight of stairs. There is a small elevator if you cannot maneuver the stairs with your bags, but it is an odd design to not be able to roll your bags into the lobby. The room had a safe, fridge, and free wifi. There is shopping (grocery and retail) nearby, a metro station, and some very interesting buildings in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a long weekend. We weren't disappointed when we arrived. It isnt too far from the airport and the room looked new and clean. Reception staff was friendly, and breakfast was also fine. We payed a rate of about 70 euro for the room per night so can't complain about that either.

The reason why I wouldnt give this hotel the full rating is first of all because its location. It would have been a little bit more perfect if this hotel would be located even nearer Marques de Pombal or nearer to Avenida/Restauradores. Don't get me wrong, it isnt too far away but I get annoyed from changing metros to get to the city center. Second thing has to do with the design of the hotel - in our bathroom the toilet was located right behind the bathroom door - so in case would be on the toilet and somebody would walk in you would get hit by the door.. not very practical.

Anyway, I wouldnt mind to stay here again as the price and quality were quite good - but I would also look for something with a similar rating in the middle of the city center.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stay here on business a lot so I have got to know this hotel and its friendly staff well.
It is small and not luxury but very good.
Some rooms are small, some are large. Bathrooms are modern and lovely with nice toiletries.
The breakfasts are excellent buffet.
Lunch time restaurant is very busy with business diners and tourists - good value menu.
The restaurant is less busy in the evenings.
There is a small bar with TV and sport usually on.
Free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Since we've never visited Lisbon before and we chose to stay for 9 days, we really longed for comfortable hotel with modern amenities and nice metro/bus connection. In January we started to organise the trip but hotel was the last thing we reserved and paid. Until our decision was made, we opted for Myriad Sana, but our friends who later joined us from Madrid insisted upon Zenit hotel. I find it rather strange while browsing for hotel breakfast in other hotels and was either too expensive or not available. We like to have breakfast in hotel and my husband rates the quality of the hotel and the whole trip on how good the breakfast was. And he was most impressed with it! Good service, nice food and just excellent. I hope I can help with this review to another someone, who hopelessly rumbles around Tripadvisor and tries to find a nice hotel with excellent breakfast.
We were on the 7th floor and our Wi-fi was fast and good. The room had a nice view, very clean - not clean - spotless and it happened for the first time that my room had as good hair dryer as I have at home. Toilet is behind bathroom doors so I feared my hubby might smash my head or I can smash his, but we learned to avoid the hazard by not disturbing each other so we survived:)))
Mini bar isn't so expensive and we also have to keep our pills in a cold place. We filled our mini bar with pills and nobody bothered us with it. The cleaning lady was super nice, honest, patient and we left the tip for her. She deserved it.
The reception stuff was super friendly and helpful. Normally we don't use their help so much. But when we asked for help about anything, they were very professional and helpful and I just have to compliment them. I would chose this hotel again in a heartbeat. I worked in tourism for 15 years, travelled the world and changed several hotels. And Zenit has everything what should have and more for the money they charge.
Once again - special thanks for the breakfast guys, cleaning lady, hotel receptionists and all who made our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: A/C was indeed a bit poor on the 7th floor but we had no problems since we weren't inside the ro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Romana L
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here on an overnight layover in Lisbon. The hotel was convenient to the subway; easy to get to from the airport. Room was comfortable, large, quiet, clean. Desk staff were helpful. They have a small bar in the lobby, restaurant inside (we didn't eat there) and more dinning options nearby. We had to get up too early for breakfast. Desk staff arranged a cab to the airport for us (before the subway was running.) This went smoothly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple