“Decent place but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Irish & Co

Irish & Co
Reserve with
Irish & Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,325 of 4,047 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Padua, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent place but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not really "Irish" atmosphere but it looks like a decent place where you can have a beer.
We ordered a Baileys coffee for 2,9€ but we didn't notice that the menu was reporting a bigger version for about 7€, obviously our mistake.
However, the waitress didn't bother to ask us which of the 2 versions we wanted, she automatically assumed the 7€ version.
Not great.

• Visited April 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Plastic Irish Pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

One of the millions that seemed to have sprung up all over the world. The only connection with a real Irish pub is they serve Kilkenny and Guinness. Okay for a pint but overheard several folks complaining about the the food. Not much craic going on here I'm afraid.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TurboKev
“Easter Trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

All I can say is stick to drinking their beer and leave the food alone, a real mismatch, although you can share the menu with the adjacent Italian restaurant, it was just as bad.

Visited April 2014
Faenza, Italy
“Capricciosa, bad imitation of Italian food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I was in the restaurant nearby, Capricciosa, which happens to belong to the same property and the two locals are actually run together.

As I entered, I smelled some desolation: few people inside, no waiters greeting you, pizza guy so pissed off not to say hello even as I walked in his face.

I tried some Italian pasta, hoping I could have at least a taste of it: considering the prices, which were quite high, I expected a premium quality.

However after a tiny bruschetta as a starter, I choose Lasagna Bolognese.
While waiting, the only table next to me complained that the soup they received was cold and not suitable for eating: I looked away and crossed my fingers.
I waited some 15 min then the guy brought me a dish of spaghetti bolognese.
I told him and he apologised.
Meanwhile the other remaining table started complaining for the waiting times of the bill.
After another 15 min another guy, who happened to be the manager, brought me the same exact dish of spaghetti his colleague brought me before.
He apologised and said he took the wrong dish (!) then brought the lasagna right away.
Their aspect wasn't appetizing, so soaked into the sauce and bechamel: this is an obvious trick, when trying to hide the real flavor of a dish.
Indeed meat, tasted separately was almost tasteless.

Btw, when bringing the bill they charged me initially the spaghetti too ...

Not fun
Not tasty
Not cheap
Definitely not my place!

1 Thank Mic_Pen123
London, United Kingdom
“Nice premises ... that is about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was a bit of a strange experience. Obviously new as I cannot find it listed anywhere. Says it is an irish bar, which it is by the decor but that is about it. The bar has a very irish theme and so does the menu. But the food when it arrived was very average and was brought from the premises next door through an adjoining door.

The beer was fine, it was very quiet. There was a singer and pianist who were singing very sad songs in pigeon english.

I would not go back.

It is located at the side of and in the same building as Rossio Railway Station

• Visited January 2014