“Not ordinary souvenir store” 5 of 5 bubbles

Armazem Geral
Ranked #27 of 174 Shopping in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A shop, that is not really a shop, where a group of Lisbon locals and non-creative people gather to talk about everything you can imagine in life, always over some food and drinking some good wine. Like an unofficial tourism office, you can always find important tips and information about the city, some art, surfboards, rent electric bikes, work using the wi-fi or spend the afternoon talking and having drinks with some locals. Armazém Geral is a reaction to the souvenir shops. In this place you will get a real feeling of what life in Lisbon is.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Not ordinary souvenir store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I heard about "we hate tourism tour" and found out they just opened a store recently. When I visited there they're not officially opened yet, but the people welcomed me in and show me around - really interesting place and deco, things they had there are either made my their friends or sourced from local craftsmen, which are really different from what you see in other stores., you can tell from the first sight. The staff are really friendly, they try to tell me each products' origin and who really make them, which makes the stuff even more special. I got some handmade notebooks and really beautiful socks that made from a fishing villages. I had a nice chat with the people there too and they gave me really good tips in eating, and hanging out in the city. They even have very good wine at really reasonable price - tho it's not located in the centre, but it really worth the trip : )

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of those places that makes you feel a local and not a tourist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I just found this place while i was walking from my visit to the ancient art museum and on my way to catch the tram 28... They are in a small street which makes it even more special. If you ask them what kind of shop it is they don't know, so it's up to you to figure it out.

Don't expect to find the typical souvenirs but you can buy many good memories of your stay in Lisbon and Portugal. I'm just sorry that i didn't found them sooner and i could have taken a tour with their "sister" company We Hate Tourism Tours. Next time!

Visited February 2014
Ricardo_WHTT, General Manager at Armazem Geral, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Olá my friend, thank you for your words here. The only thing we want to say is that now you have a really good excuse to come back! ;) See you soon Our best regards