We booked through Mr and Mrs Smith so our expectations were high, but the hotel (or Townhouse as Smiths call it) didn't quite live up to those expectations. We had a heritage room on the 5th floor which had lovely views, only spoilt by the rain - but that's our fault for travelling for NYE! But the room itself was featureless, bland colour scheme and only one picture (and that by the bathroom). We could hear all the water movements (shower, loo etc) from the room above as the pipes must run down casings inside our room, which was a little distracting although quite short term. The breakfast at €14 was bland and over-priced, and room service for food was only very dull and uninteresting sandwiches. On the plus side, service in the hotel was great, the library and reading area very chilled, and complementary port or Muscatel always goes down well. I think this is a hotel that could up its game just a notch and then be worth the rather high costs (even allowing for time of year that we travelled)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Avenida Liberdade is a small boutique hotel in the historic center of Lisbon. Located at Lisbon's main avenue - Avenida da Liberdade - this 18th-century townhouse is decorated by the Portuguese architect Miguel Cancio Martins. Subject to careful rehabilitation the hotel has come back to life by dint of a project of a unique nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Prestigia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Heritage Avenida Liberdade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Av Liberdade Lisbon
- Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel Lisbon