We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our trip to Spain & Portugal.
The staff were wonderful. They helped with dinner recommendations, directions to trains, stored our luggage when we arrived at 10am and the rooms weren't ready, etc. They also ensured we had connecting rooms.
The rooms were quite large. They are sparingly furnished. There is no dresser, just shelves around the closet. This was a bit limiting in terms of organization. The bathrooms were about as spacious as you can expect in Europe. The tub was nicely sized and the shower had sufficient water pressure and hot water.
I found the bed to be a bit hard, although my husband thought it was fine.
The workout room was not worth talking about. It has one treadmill, for which the tread was misadjusted and slipped, and a recumbent bicycle. There is an exercise ball, and some little 2 or 3 pound dumbbells. There were a couple of small mats (not full yoga mats). The workout room would benefit greatly from a bench and proper set of dumbbells. The pool was a long, narrow lap-type pool, although not really long enough for laps. But of course you are probably not here to use the workout room.
The breakfast was fine. I would have like to see a larger set of options for fruit. I liked that there were always apples at the reception desk.
The internet was fast, free, and reliable.
The lobby has a lot of seating, and is used for breakfast. They also have a full bar, and it looks like they have a tea setup - not with food, as far as I could tell, but with a good selection of teas.
Across the Avenida, there is a convenience store, at which you can buy snack food and water. There also are a few tobacco/sundry shops that sell bottled water.
The location is excellent for sightseeing - very close to trains, Metro, and all the neighborhoods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Avenida Liberdade is a small boutique hotel in the historic center of Lisbon. Located at Lisbon's main avenue - Avenida da Liberdade - this 18th-century townhouse is decorated by the Portuguese architect Miguel Cancio Martins. Subject to careful rehabilitation the hotel has come back to life by dint of a project of a unique nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Heritage Avenida Liberdade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Av Liberdade Lisbon
- Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel Lisbon