“Convenient to major sights”

Grande Pensao Residencial Alcobia
Ranked #147 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This pension has spacious and comfortable rooms, but do be aware that there are stairs to carry luggage up. The lift is on the first floor and is very small. It was accommodation as part of a tour that I was travelling on so I am not sure about value for money. However, it was close to the major sights in Lisboa and to the Metro.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Grande Pensao Residencial Alcobia

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Good location, walking distance to almost every place. Good enough breakfast (Coffee and white bread). Room was nice and big, We could see Castel Sao Jorge from our window, very nice especially late in the evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJohannaH
Reviewed 25 October 2013

On a month long holiday, this was the only hotel that I found questionable during my eight-month journey. Located in a "transitional" area, this hotel was centrally located but a bit dodgy after dark. The staff was mostly unhelpful and watched me struggle with my bag up the stairs - not an ideal start. The room was perfectly fine but as a woman traveling alone, I did not always feel secure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Allison P
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Hotel has a good location, walking distance to the two metro stations. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Simple and basic room, great to satisfy your needs. No hair conditioner so if you need, bring your own.
Breakfast is poor.
If you need room with the view better to ask for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Good location and a good hotel. Close to transportation and other amenities . To enter the hotel you must carry your luggage up about 20 stairs. The elevator is then up another 25 stairs.
That may be difficult for some people.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kycliff
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very close to the Rossio square and public transportation. Yes, there are quite a few stairs to climb and it's an old and somewhat outdated place. But everything worked fine, great airco. For the price this is unbeatable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We went for a quick walk at 10am the day of checkout. I left my iPod in the room to charge. When we came back at 11:30am (checkout was at 12pm), housekeeping had already stripped off our bed sheets and moved our luggage around the room. This was the first time a hotel had already begun cleaning before guests checked out. I noticed that 1) my ipod and its charger that were connected to the wall and 2) my phone charger that was left on a bed were all missing. I talked to reception but the woman asserted that I hadn't left them before leaving. I then asked if I could speak to the maid who I assumed had just moved them to another location. Upon talking to her, she waved her hands fervently and denied seeing or taking the iPod (Interesting because I hadn't accused her of anything). She led me to the laundry room where I rummaged through dirty bed sheets. Since my ipod was connected to the wall, it would have been physically impossible for it to be pulled out of the socket and taken up into a bedsheet. Anyways, I still rummaged and looked and 30 minutes later of talking to reception and the maid, they told me that they had "found" the ipod and both chargers in one of the sheets in the room. This was suspicious to say the least because 1) I had already looked through these sheets earlier and found nothing and 2) my phone charger and iPod/charger were left on opposite sides of the room and would have never been "found" in the same bed sheet. Neither housekeeping nor reception once explained why our room was cleaned before checkout time and could not provide any reasonable explanation for the "lost" iPod and chargers. Service was poor, housekeeping dishonest. They ran out of shampoo on one of the nights. A few ants in the bathroom. Needless to say, worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I could not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013