“Best value for money - super professional staff”

Residencial O Paradouro
Ranked #152 of 254 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our room was exactly as described. Every day cleaning. The staff is very polite and 24h at the desk. Perfect located: 5 min. walk to the metro-station Arroios and only 3 min. walk to the supermarket, bakery etc.
The elevator can be loud sometimes. But no problem for our sleep.

We would stay there again, no question!
Highly recommended for smaller budgets but good value!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Experience similar to others, if you have a room next to the elevator, as I did, prepare for lots of noise. I asked to be moved, which I was, this time to a room beside the very noisy street. Hotel has rooms on both the 6th and 7th floors. Ask for rooms at the back of the hotel, away room the street and noise should no longer be an issue. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and knowing what I now know about where to stay in the hotel, provided I had a quiet room, I would stay again, on my next visit to Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank littlemermaid60
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Terribly much noise from traffic (larm from ambulance, police-cars )
A lot of disturbance from other guests (drunk) in the nights.
I give my reviews so many characters as nesessary to express my meanings.
The hotel was horrible, and must not be offered oteher quests before is properly insulatet
from the traffic-noise, and the guests have learned not to disturb others at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arnfinn S
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I just returned from a 3 day break in Lisbon and stayed at the residencial o paradouro. It is situated on a vibrant ad busy main road. Unfortunately there was some construction work going on in the same building and the reception is on the seventh floor- however neither of these things affected my stay.

The room itself was basic but clean with a balcony and en suite and more than suited my needs - it perhaps lacked a little natural light but as I wasn't in the room much this wasn't a problem. The reception staff are very friendly and welcoming and also provided me with all the information I needed to make the most of the short time I had in Lisbon. The hotel is located fairly conveniently and is around 20 mins walk from rossio square - alternatively the metro Station arroios is just a one minute walk away which is very convenient. Overall I had a good experience here and would recommend others to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ar1108
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for four nights and everything was fine. The room and bathroom was clean, the bed cosy and the staff super friendly and helpful. Also only 5 minutes walk from the metro station Arroios. Wifi was only available in the "lobby", but that was no problem for us.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank KesroMG
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed at Paradouro for one night in Jan 2013 and it was not for the first time. I travelled alone and paid 25Eu/night. Note, the reception desk is located on 7 floor!!!

Pros:
- Brilliant location - 5 min walk from Arroios metro station.
- Price was good.
- Good en-suite room.
- 2 min walk to big supermarket Pingo Doce (half way to Arroios metro station) where you can buy food, drinks and many more.
- Receptionists spoke understandable English - they were very effective!

Cons:
- No wi-fi in the room, only at the reception.
- Sometimes you hear noise from the corridor.

Resume:
My opinion - good place to stay in the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sergeika30
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel was fine for the price. We had a bit of a scare in the taxi on the way to the hotel from the bus terminal. The driver drove very fast and a bit reckless. He also told us that this hotel had prostitutes and people would be beating on doors all night. Fortunately, we saw or experienced none of this. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and information about the city. The room was small but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business