“Cosy and well worth the price”

Residencial O Paradouro
Ranked #160 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had stayed here in Dec 2013 and after reading the reviews, when I made my booking, had requested for room on level 7. From the airport, you can take a train straight to Arroios metro station. The hotel is around 3 mins away. We stayed there for 3 nights. There are many shops, cafes around the area.There is also a supermarket along the stretch. The room was clean, simple but well maintained. Our room came with an additional small room and a balcony. Toilet was clean as well. Heater and water heater worked very well. Wifi is available only at the recep area which has a lounge area as well. The staffs esp the day staff (Carla) was very informative and helpful. She gave us very clear directions and information on sights. Rossio square, the main area of Lisbon is a few stops away by train.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Regal_Ali

Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was cleaned and well organised.
I stayed there in Sep. We left our digital camera in room.
Because it was stucked between two single bed so we didn't know when we checkout.
But we could find it with their kindness.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank boldpark
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hello there. I've stayed with my wife here 7 nights. The hotel it's great with friendly stuff. The clean service was very good ( every day towel changing ). The location it's ok. From the airport we've payed 10 EUR ( including the luggages ) to the hotel but you can also take the metro because the metro station it's very close to the hotel ( 3-4 minutes ). Also, near the hotel you have a supermarket store ( pingo doce ) where you can buy quite cheaper food/water etc., a restaurant called PORTVGALIA where you can eat different kinds of food ( it's quite affordable ) and a bank ( bank santander ). To get to the Praca do Comercio/ Rossio Square you can also take 708 Bus and then walk 5 minutes and you are at the destination. Overall it was a good experience and the hotel is a BARGAIN for what it offers.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has a view in the backyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bogdanBucharest
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our room was exactly as described. Every day cleaning. The staff is very polite and 24h at the desk. Perfect located: 5 min. walk to the metro-station Arroios and only 3 min. walk to the supermarket, bakery etc.
The elevator can be loud sometimes. But no problem for our sleep.

We would stay there again, no question!
Highly recommended for smaller budgets but good value!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Experience similar to others, if you have a room next to the elevator, as I did, prepare for lots of noise. I asked to be moved, which I was, this time to a room beside the very noisy street. Hotel has rooms on both the 6th and 7th floors. Ask for rooms at the back of the hotel, away room the street and noise should no longer be an issue. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and knowing what I now know about where to stay in the hotel, provided I had a quiet room, I would stay again, on my next visit to Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank littlemermaid60
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Terribly much noise from traffic (larm from ambulance, police-cars )
A lot of disturbance from other guests (drunk) in the nights.
I give my reviews so many characters as nesessary to express my meanings.
The hotel was horrible, and must not be offered oteher quests before is properly insulatet
from the traffic-noise, and the guests have learned not to disturb others at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arnfinn S
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I just returned from a 3 day break in Lisbon and stayed at the residencial o paradouro. It is situated on a vibrant ad busy main road. Unfortunately there was some construction work going on in the same building and the reception is on the seventh floor- however neither of these things affected my stay.

The room itself was basic but clean with a balcony and en suite and more than suited my needs - it perhaps lacked a little natural light but as I wasn't in the room much this wasn't a problem. The reception staff are very friendly and welcoming and also provided me with all the information I needed to make the most of the short time I had in Lisbon. The hotel is located fairly conveniently and is around 20 mins walk from rossio square - alternatively the metro Station arroios is just a one minute walk away which is very convenient. Overall I had a good experience here and would recommend others to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013