“Zuzabed lisbon suites”
Review of B&B Zuzabed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
B&B Zuzabed
Ranked #14 of 258 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at Lissabon Suites Barrio Alto in the second week of june. We had a great stay. The area is very lively lots of restaurants and bars. But not that noisy.
Our apartment had a kitchen, a great bathroom and an living room/bedroom, and a small
Patio ( we are smokers (!), so it was okay, but it's a backyard, and somewhat noisy, but we used it with joy.
It's not far from the Metro and a very central tram no.2 .
The idea is that you by yourself breakfast, but 'the fridge (is) stocked with a wide Welcome collection of Portuguese products for breakfasts. A healthy selection for delicious self-service breakfasts always considering the self-catering mode use of the Suites" , - the products are okay, if you expect products bought in the nearest discount shop. But Portuguese ?. Anyway we aren't super breakfast people ( especially if you have you diner at 23 hour around the corner). I would really recommend the apartments. As a bonus we was in town the 12 of june, which is a Festival day, recommended if you love thousands of nice people, grilled sardines and beer.

2  Thank nielschristensen

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed four nights in the zuzabed guesthouse. A perfect place for the three of us in the centre of Lisbon, near Rossio. Allthough we had our own kitchen, we enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the B&B next door. Luis made us feel at home and had some nice tips for visiting or having dinner. It's really a good location and not noisy at all. We really had a good time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nelleke D
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed again at Zuzabed Guest House in Lisbon, absolutely wonderful room with view over beautiful Lisboa and a balcony to watch the world go by. Luis and his staff are superb and cater so well for the needs of thier guests. The introduction of Bacon in the breakfast choice was a top idea......Thanks guys for another memorable stay in this amazing city!

Room Tip: Ask for The Blue Room, it has an amazing window over the city!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Razortop
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The apartments are in a great location: restaurants on the doorstep, very atmospheric neighbourhood and extremely easy access to both sights in Lisbon and train stations for day trips out of the city.

The standard of the apartment was very good - modern and clean. Unfortunately the beds are not the most comfortable in the world - ikea bought and thus not hotel standard. The patio was great to have but maybe not really necessary given the many bars in the neighbourhood.

The principal downside to be aware of is that there was a lot of noise during the middle of the night from partying people that was difficult to sleep through and lasted hours (lowest floor flat). This however comes with this neighbourhood.

I'd suggest more comfortable beds and ear plugs - easy ways to a 5-star review next time I return (and I would if in Lisbon again because there are many positive notes).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E5_London
ZUZABED, Proprietário at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Good afternoon dear SE1er_in_Lodnon,

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us at Zuzabed Lisbon Suites and we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and you’ll be back.

Our Suites have indeed a super central location that makes easy sightseeing either day and night without need to use transportation to visit this beautiful city as we are located in the heart of Lisbon city center. This is actually one of the many reasons why our Guests decide to stay with us. Our prime location makes it easy the time spent in Lisbon.

I thank you for your comments and I’m sorry that our comfortable mattresses were not to your liking. It’s indeed one of the things that I always find different when travelling as I’m very very used to my own mattress/bed at home which is actually the same type/brand I provide to my Guests, allowing them to have also a good night sleep.Additionally I should also note that many other Guests had also commented on how comfortable the beds are.

As stated on our website our Suites are located in a quiet street of Bairro Alto district without any bars and only a couple of Restaurants; on the doorstep as you well said. They close quite early (for Lisbon standards) but I would like to refer that during your stay there was a big international music festival going on in Lisbon; the Optimus Alive Festival which makes for lots of people travelling from all over Europe to attend the Festival. Actually we always have Guests from all age ranges travelling every year for this event; and some of them repeating Guests to attend the Festival. When concerts end typically everybody wants to go to Bairro Alto district for a last drink as it is internationally popular for its nightlife. Sorry that this event occurring during your stay made your time less comfortable with us. Still and as I had the chance to mention to others let’s not forget the Guests will be staying in the heart of a major metropolis and it doesn’t matter where there will be a noise factor.

As I said before I thank you for the time you took sharing your great experience with us. We all at Zuza Team thank you for that and we’ll be pleased to see you back in Lisbon having Zuzabed Lisbon Suites as your place to stay again considering all the many positive notes we’ve achieved from you.

Sincerely

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The host, Luis was so wonderful. He asked us every day what our plans were, gave us directions and advice. Every one of his suggestions was perfect. He always went above and beyond the call of duty. When we had trouble purchasing bus tickets to Seville he arranged for a friend to go out and get them on our behalf. This saved us having to travel to the other side of town and many hours of confusion and hassle.

All the staff were friendly and perfect as well. And the B&B is in a great location and very atmospheric. Wonderful breakfasts with super friendly service and even a surprise Chantilly Strawberries and cream special one day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SophieGenese
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello hello dears SophieGenese,

So nice to read your lines and I thank you for the nice words about your stay with us. We all at Zuza Team have fond memories about you and your stay, therefore was impossible to not have a humble and grateful smile in our faces when reading your nice review sharing with the world how wonderful was your stay. We proudly do our very best to make everybody happy enjoying Lisboa since early in the morning starting with our already famous and delicious breakfasts served every morning at Zuza Guest House where you stayed and also, obviously at B&B Zuzabed. We do believe that a healthy breakfast always served with a smile is definitely the best way to start the day.

It was a pleasure to help you on your travel arrangements; actually was the minimum I could have done after you’ve made the decision on staying with us coming from so far away. I/we thank you for the preference as I also do for the great travel spirit you both demonstrated while staying with us at ZUZA.

Thanks for spreading the word. We do love to meet happy travelers like you and to help everybody to enjoy much as possible the precious time while visiting my beloved city.
I wish you all the best and happy travels.

“The world is our oyster” :) and I do hope to be able to see you once more, even down under in your also beautiful Continent.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We can only agree with every positive comment about this place. What makes it so great? It's the people. Luis and his staff worked tirelessly to ensure our stay in Lisbon was the best it could be. Every morning one of the staff attended breakfast to help and advise on plans for the day. Guests are given a cell phone for the length of their stay so if any problems or queries arise during the day the answer is only a phone call away. The breakfast was great, the best we had in two weeks in Portugal.

We arrived as guests and left as friends.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The photo's are misleading. Our unit needed total renovation. I gave it 3 stars because of the people. I give Luis and his staff 5 stars and the room they gave us 1 star. The breakfast was very good also.

ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Good afternoon dear “Renato7”,

Thanks for your thoughts and it was a pleasure to meet you both while staying with us at B&B Zuzabed. We all at Zuza Team were very pleased with the note you wrote in our Guestbook: “Thanks for a great place to stay. We will be back soon”. Therefore when I read your review here on TA, it left me in flux and confused. Especially because, when I when I had enjoyed meeting you and after asking how everything was, you responded positively and noted that you liked everything and you were very comfortable. I recall a very pleasant exchange. At this point I feel a need to clarify important issues noted in your review for future Guests and to alleviate any further confusion.

Room choice - The room type you had for the 3 nights this June 2014 was the one you chose. According to my records, you did your reservation on September 2013 and by then one other room option was available. I have to clarify that when you say “the room we gave you” it is very misleading. We did not give you a room, you chose you preferred accommodation. Please note to future Guests that at B&B Zuzabed you always have the option to choose the room type preferred.

Total renovation - Renovations are ongoing and assessed by me personally. Sometimes they happen when during their stay, Guests identify a need and kindly inform us of it, as we are always available to address any needs and concerns. The familiar and cozy atmosphere/relationships that we proudly develop with our beloved Guests is a two way street and positive/negative feedback are always welcome. For future Guests, I also would like to inform readers that most of our Guests decide to stay with us also because of the charm of an old/renovated building in the heart of Lisbon historic city center.

Sleep quality - This particular room does not face the street and it’s for sure the quietest room in the house! Still let’s not forget the Guests will be staying in the heart of a major metropolis and it doesn’t matter where there will be a noise factor. Some people need that to sleep and usually name it as “white noise” :) as other Guests who have stayed in the very same property asked me personally for White Noise Machines.

In addition dear Renato7 I have to remember that your stay with us was during the peak of the Lisbon June Festivals - Saint Anthony’s festivities. Maybe (I’m just guessing) that was also the reason why you’ve decided to visit our beautiful city during that time frame.

Value - Zuza Accommodations are located in the heart of Lisbon historical city center where all major landmarks are within minutes walking distance either day or night. As our website states we offer all price ranges and all types of Acommodations that suits every traveler’s needs. At the B&B Zuzabed where we had the great pleasure to host you and offer you a delicious homemade hot&cold breakfast to start your day. As you noted “the breakfast was very good”.
At Zuzabed it’s a combination of several factors (personal thoughtful service and attention to Guests, location, delicious breakfast, sightseeing comfort and more) that makes Zuzabed a very good value. (i.e, 47,50€ per person which was what you paid).

Misleading photos - I take great pride on taking pictures of my properties for my website. No photographic techniques are utilized as each picture reflects as true a picture can reflect reality. As other Guests have told me, the pictures look exactly the same they saw online and there were no surprises. Unfortunately, you did not share these thoughts with me in person when I met and asked you both how things were going. We all here at Zuza Team are at a loss as to these conflicting views points especially considering your kind note In our Guest Book “Thanks for a great place to stay. We will be back soon”.

Still, I honestly thank you for your comments and I’m happy to know you’ll be back soon. We’ll be pleased to host you once again dear Renato7.

All my best wishes,