“Stars and stripes award.”

America Diamonds Hotel
Ranked #116 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here with two other couples from 3rd to 6th October. Rooms are compact but still enough room. Beds comfortable, room service excellent and all staff very friendly. Reception staff very welcoming and informative. The 4 in 1 hop on hop off ticket ( available at reception ) is great value as you get to use the ticket on the tour , public buses and trams, funiculars and the aerobus.The location is superb, easy acces to metro and El Cortes Inglais shopping is a 5 minute walk away, left out the hotel entrance. There is a very good restaurant (Sessenta ) on the same street Rua Tomas Ribeiro, again left out the door .
The breakfast was great , a selection of hot , ( bacon , sausages, egg, mushrooms ),and cold ,( meats , cheese fruit, pastries , cereals). Plenty to set you up for the day of touring .
A cosy residents bar is available.
The only item which we required and was not available, was an iron.
Would certainly recommend this hotel... great value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevinocallaghan

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting Lisbon.
The location is excellent, the steps to the Picoas Metro station entrance is literally across the pavement as you step out of the front door. The metro is the best way to get round Lisbon, (a Day ticket to buses, trains, trams and elevadors is 6.50 Euro).
The hotel was modern and clean. The room was compact, but there was enough space for the two of us. The TV had approx 10 English language channels.
Breakfast was included in the room rate and was both a continental and a hot buffet option, this was served on the top floor with nice views up the busy street outside.
The staff were helpful, friendly and spoke good English.
Very nice location for your visit to Lisbon

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philstreet2
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was in this hotel for 5 nights with my husband, two young children and my mum. We got two rooms: a double and a triple. Overall it was a good experience, great value for money and we would definately go back.

Positives:
- great location - right beside the Metro, really handy to get to anywhere
- our rooms were extremely clean
- bathrooms really tastefully decorated
- staff were extremely helpful and corteous, with information, directions and useful recommendations and suggestions. Nothing we asked ever seemed to be a problem.
- My son has a gluten intolerance and the hotel provided gluten free bread and cereal.

- I found breakfast good (for a 3 star hotel), but my Irish husband missed having more of a hot food buffet - the only hot food would have been scrambled eggs, bacon and some days mushrooms, other days mini sausages.
As I would expect for a 3 star hotel we didn't have a huge vaeriety of option but what was available was fresh and tasted great. (in addition to the hot food you also had 3 types of cereal, variety of breads, cold meats - ham/ turkey breast/ salami, fruit salad + one other type of fruit, yogurts, machine for fruit juices, coffee machine- with options for capuccino, latte etc, pastries and cakes)

Negatives:
- There's free wifi but I never managed to get connected on my mobile, altough we got it on my mum's tablet
- The 'double bed' in the triple room was two single beds put together and a gap would open in between if we rolled onto the middle
- there was no setting for changing the direction of the aircon fan and it was permanently directed at my son's bed, we ended up having to switch it off and be quite warm a couple of nights. It wasn't a problem in the double room though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tatous
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My brother and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to Lisbon in July. The location was good, we were only a ten minute walk from the Marquess of Pombal Square which is at the top of Avenida da Liberdade. The hop on hop off buses start and finish their runs from this square so it was convenient to be that close. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were small but serviceable. If you're not out for the hotel experience, spas, fine dining, etc, this is a good, clean, inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry H
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel is very close the Metro. (it is to the left the entry)
Room is little by enought for one night.
We had a very good deal with the hotel about the price although we have booked 3 days before.
The only negative thing is the continental breakfast., i think is low quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel is in a great location, close to the bus station and the line that goes directly into the city center, metro station is right under the front door of the hotel. I spent seven days with my family in a triple room which was clean, tidy and spacious and big enough for three people, clean bathrooms, air conditioning and breakfast that definitely satisfies everyone's needs. The staff is very friendly and at your service whenever you need it. Hotel is definitely to recommend.

Room Tip: We had room on 6th floor looking on backside, quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlenB200
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel is located at the Picoas Stop on the metro yellow line. The aerobus stop to and from the airport is located right outside the hotel, in front the Pizza Hut which is about four feet away from the hotel (just look up for the sign). The hotel staff were very pleasant and gave good directions and helpful suggestions on things to do in Lisbon, especially the day of the strike (June 28th) The room was a good size, with lots of English channels on the telly, and the bathroom with the double tub was very sleek and modern.

One thing I should mention, I have never seen such a small safe ever! It was too small to hold my netbook, and costs 2,30 euro per day for the key!. Breakfast was always always good, with lots of variety and even fresh cherries in the fruit bowl one morning. The room rate that includes breakfast is definitely a good deal since the hotel buffet was generously replenished by the breakfast staff. The pingo doce grocery is two short blocks up the road from the hotel, and a Pizza hut is right next door.

With the Picoas metro stop three steps away from the hotel entrance, getting around Lisbon by metro was very easy, fast, convenient, and the metro was always clean. If you get off at the right exit at the Picoas metro stop, (cannot remember which one) three quick steps takes you to the hotel door. (yes, it is that close). There are a variety of good seafood restaurants in Lisbon, but the only one that I can remember is ‘Sea Me’ in Chaido. On the day of departure I was waiting by the busstop outside the hotel for the aerobus, and a few taxi drivers stopped and cheekily tried to convince me to take their cab to the airport, but I waited and paid just 3,50 Euro for the comfortable aerobus ride.

My eight night stay at the America Diamonds Hotel definitely added good value to my Lisbon experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends