“Very good hostel and excellent location”
Review of Oasis Hostel

Oasis Hostel
Ranked #42 of 445 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
“Very good hostel and excellent location”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very good hostel and excellent location. Clean and comfortable rooms and super nice and helpfull stuff working at the hostel reception and the little bar upstairs. We had a nice 3Eur breakfast in the morning cooked for us, which was nice. Definitely would come back anytime.

Wojtek

Room Tip: Nice private rooms in a seperate building.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014

1. Location is great, in the heart of the city. View to the sea and to the old town is awesome. And hostel building itself is very lovely.
2. Staff are very nice and cool, got a lot of suggestions on where to visit, food and wine, etc
3. Great tour, I only went for one tour that show me around in the city so can't say too much about others but I would say it's great, I learned a lot about the city, its history and culture, etc.

I enjoyed my trip to Lison a lot and the hostel provided me with all the nice atmosphere, advice and accommodation I need. I feel staff there enjoy their work and enjoy hanging out with guests I'll definitely revisit and recommend it to friends :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Manipal, India
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hostel was decent, but I can't say I spent a lot of time there, so I won't comment in great detail. We were in the main building (I didn't see the other old building next door). The room was nice, linens were clean, and so was the bathroom.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the guests seemed to be VERY young, maybe 18 tops. Because of this younger crowd, expect loud parties on the weekends that go until 2 or 3 am. This is a pro or a con depending on how you look at it.

Location is great. In the downtown area and very close to the lookout point. Most of the major sights are within walking distance or accessible by public transportation.

The staff is what sets this place apart. They are welcoming, helpful with directions and special requests, and friendly. I would recommend this hostel on their merits alone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
portland, oregon
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Main thing: Plan ahead, because it isn't as easy to find as would appear on Google Maps AND Lisbon is a city of hills! (travel light!). The "old building" was fine (reminded me of a stay in Venice 30 years ago), but you will haul your luggage to the top floor! Clean and quiet. Very friendly and capable staff and services.

Room Tip: For a "one night stand", who's picky??
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Loved the atmosphere of this hostel. They have a free walking tour, our guide was terrific. There is a nice outdoor area to eat, drink, or just hang out and its a good place to meet other travelers. There is a bar and dinner is cooked for a good price with three courses by a chef. They also cook a great breakfast too! Very good. I really wish I could have stayed longer. My only disappointment is that there was only one bathroom for like 20 beds. I only stayed for one night so it wasn't a big deal. The building I stayed in (was next door to main building) had a nice patio on the rooftop and that was a nice place to sit and chill for a while. I know that there are a lot of crazy nice hostels in Lisbon but I would recommend this one for the atmosphere and the people who work there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A good hostel, however not so good for those who stay at the old building (once there are two buildings, I recommend that you ask to stay in the main building, blecaute the one next door is an ancient building with a lot of stairs, which is not good for those with big luggage).
The staff is very kind, and they plan a lot of parties.

• Stayed October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Hostel (traveling as a couple), and we were so impressed.
The reception staff do everything they can to make sure you're happy and feel welcome. Everyone spoke great English and we're so helpful.

The experience and atmosphere of this place was really cool, it's situated right in the heart of Lisbon on top of a hill with an amazing view of the water. Was about a 15euro taxi ride from the airport, and walking distance to everything!

Kylie was on her first night of desk staff so we had a few issues with our room keys not working, and wrong wifi password, but she was helpful and even walked us to our room to ensure the keys worked and offered us a free welcome shot and Agua!

Rooms were clean, and stayed in a private double room with shared bathroom. These doubles are actually not in the main building and are up a giant Hill in a private courtyard. Great privacy! And away from the dorms.

Pros:
3 Euro Breakfast was amazing!
Dinners with staff/guest looked great!
Strong wifi
Beautiful atmosphere
Large rooms
Best staff!
Windows in room open + lots of fans!

Cons:
Make sure your room keys work before you make the hike up the hill...
Shared bathroom was nice and stocked with what you needed, but the ceiling had what looked like mold.
The doors are extremely loud when slammed (duh) but I mean LOUD.

WOULD STAY AGAIN!