“No frills, but great comfort for excellent price”
Review of Turim Iberia Hotel

Turim Iberia Hotel
Ranked #130 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 25 May 2013

For 60 Euros , 2 pax with Great Breakfast, a comfortable hotel, 3 stars modern style; 2 blocks from EntreCampos train (if you come from Algarve) and Metro stations. 15 mn from Airport. A good restaurant ("Literal") near by,what will you ask more ?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank maperrin
There are newer reviews for Turim Iberia Hotel

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Pros: Confortable rooms, very good breakfast, excelent location, good value for money.
Cons: Air conditioning not working in room, very slow (free) internet, poor WC cleanliness.

Not my first time here, but I think I enjoyed my stay better the last time. I don't know if I'll come back...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PedrodeBraga
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The rooms are okay - clean and comfortable, decent shower, good and not extrordinary - but the staff was about the most friendly and helpful we had in Portugal. Very nice lounge too, where you have enough room to carve out your own sitting room. Great budget choice close to the best musuems .
Breakfast wasn't the best and the room was too hot; also got charged more for the mini-bar when checking out than what was quoted in the room, so be careful!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank celebi01
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A three night stay was needed in a central area - for sightseeing and Benfica Football Club. With a Metro station less than 2 minutes away as well as several bus routes this hotel was ideally situated. The accomodation was suberb and very clean. The standard room was as good as many luxury rooms that we had stayed in. The breakfast was also excellent, with many choices of Continental variety including fresh fruits, cakes, breads, meat and cheese. You will not be disappointed with this hotel!

Room Tip: As the hotel was fairly new there did not seem any room issues amongst the other guests
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rossmagpie
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We made a last booking to this hotel as I got very sick and needed to stay an extra night in Lisbon as I was advised by doctors not to fly.
My problems began when we left the aero bus in campo pequeno. Called the hotel to ask for directions as I knew we were quite close and wanted to get to the hotel fast as I needed to rest and leave my luggage. The lady on the phone on the night 19th February has revealed total incapacity to give correct directions to the hotel. I pointed some other nearby hotels and she didn't knew them, not even the closest avenue which was Berna. She made us cross the street to the other side into a desert parking area too far from the hotel. At the end I decided to pay 5€ for a taxi as I was quite upset with this situation. 2 phone calls for nothing! The air conditioned was not working but heating all the time, I had to leave the window open but it was noisy in the morning with the traffic. The tv only had 1 channel and found the wifi very poor. Breakfast is basic and bread and milk was missing.
I have stayed in other hotel of Turim and the service was much better than this one.
I don't think I will return to this hotel, Thank God it was only for 1 night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frfp1984
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We had tickets to a show in Campo Pequeno, so we chose the Turim Iberia because it's just a few minutes walk from the hotel to the arena.
The service at the reception, the room, and breakfast were all quite good.
However, we can't recommend dinner at the hotel. Their website promises you a restaurant, but all they serve is overpriced bar meals. As it was raining very badly that night we didn't want to go out and look for a decent restaurant, but we regretted this decision.
The bartender was constantly away, talking with the people at the reception, not taking care of the people in the bar. When we finally managed to order our meals, he set the table with the cutlery on the wrong side of the plates.
We both had a salad as a starter, which was just cut salad leafs with tuna or chicken on top, and some cucumber and egg on the side. No herbs and spices, no dressing, nothing. Next we had the lasagna, which was like a microwave dinner from the supermarket, but not at all good enough for a 4star restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ifranken67
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Very comfortable hotel with nice public area- lounge and bar with 'Happy hour' cocktails. We only stayed one night and wanted to be close to Entrecampos rail station which is why we chose it. We also ate there in the evening in the bar area- OK meal and smiley service. Well stocked breakfast. Lift rather small and with one out of action quite a long wait sometimes from top floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends