“Great location; Great Value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park
Ranked #105 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my first trip to Lisbon. This hotel is within walking distance of all of the main Lisbon attractions. Despite being in the center of the City, it was quiet and a great value. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience from your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park with other travelers. I am extremely happy and glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel as the beautiful city of Lisbon. We look forward to welcoming you back next time when your travels bring you back to Lisbon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

A very nice modern hotel quite near the business beating heart of Lisbon- Marques do Pombal. Very professional, polite staff and modern design. Same design would possibly require a different approach, by the fact that Lisbon is world known by its light and colour, so found the corridors to the bedrooms to dark. Which was quite ackward. After a day at work I wanted to feel welcome and relaxed and those corridors... at least the bedrrom gave me the pleasure to relax. I would go back and possibly will be back soon. PS. I was solo and in a business trip for more than 21 days. So the hotel was like my second home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and it is a great honor to receive such a great review! I am sure that our great service and our efficient team members helped you make this experience memorable and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon to your “second home in Lisbon”!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance prior to arrival and, of course, during your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My stay in Lisbon at the doubletree by hilton was simply an excellent one. Both my daughter and I enjoyed the friendly and efficient service provided by the front desk. The cleanliness of the room was also another great reason why we loved our stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank victor s
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having the time to post your review about the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park. It is a great pleasure to read such review from you! I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our “efficient service provided by the front desk” and “the cleanliness of the room”!

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I try and always stay at Hilton properties. So... ended up here as it's their only property in Lisbon, and regretted the decision from the get-go.

The location (which obviously isn't their fault!) is quirky. Never felt unsafe at all (Lisbon in general is extremely safe), but the 'hood just felt deserted. Decided to walk back from the center of town and would not recommend it to others if they don't like feeling mildly spooked.

As for the property itself: It's as if the person who designed it had no clue how the owners would have to maintain the wanna-be chic fixtures. Trendy showerhead broken? Yup. Funky toilet paper holder falling out of the wall? Check! Alterna-looking cabinet doors unable to close properly? You know it! "Sprockets this is when we dance" window shades creak and get stuck? Umm-humm.

The bed itself was a crippler. Springs all over your back. Invest in a pillow-top, you're a Hilton after all!

And... while it was somewhat minor in so far as the lines that hotel staff give you from time to time, the person who helped me on the night I checked in lied to me. Not a huge lie, but a lie nevertheless. And when confronted on his lie, he backpedaled. And when I explained what had happened the following morning to the front desk, they didn't seem to care.

So... meh. If you have to stay at a Hilton, stay here. But maybe just this once you can step away from the sweet sweet Hilton Honors points and try someplace else out.

Oh, and they over-bake the cookies.

3  Thank DKinLV

Dear Guest,

I sincerely regret to read your disappointment about your stay with us. We strive to offer our guests the best service and experience at all times and I am sorry to read that we failed.

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments, helping us to immediately react and adjust our service where it is necessary and ensuring this unpleasant situation does not repeat.

Please feel free to contact me so that you can share your experience with me and we can find ways to improve for your next visit! I invite you to email me: goncalo.sousa@hilton.com and I will be delighted to personally return your message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wouldn't be disappointing about hotel location,service,food,would be great to get good price (special price) for period of staying. Very pleasant and helpful reception staff, breakfast staff,accommodation staff.Big Thanks to everyone!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time to post your review about the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park. It is a great pleasure to read such great comments from you! I am very glad to see that the “pleasant and helpful reception staff” as well as the breakfast staff made your experience wonderful!

We hope to have the honor to see you again soon on your next trip to Lisbon!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Fontana Park hotel only recently became a Hilton Double tree member. You can tell that the staff are still learning the Hilton levels of service. I would suggest that the person that designed the rooms be made to stay in one of them for a month and see where their designs went wrong, The room design is all black glass, with a see through shower from the bedroom, while funky and nice it is not practicable, the bathroom is so dark that you cannot shave or women apply makeup, Also forget about reading the Sunday newspaper in the toilet, it was even darker than the bathroom. One other design fault was the desk had no power outlet for your laptop. We spent 8 nights here and enjoyed our stay, the staff were super efficient and friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent. If you are a Hilton HHonors member this is the only Hilton in Lisbon. Hopefully more Hiltons will open in Lisbon in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for your kind words, although I am concerned to read that you faced some difficulties during your stay with us.

We strive to provide the finest service and offer every guest a seamless experience. We hope to have the opportunity to surpass this experience if you would like to visit us again in the future.

Nevertheless, I am glad that you enjoyed our delicious Wake Up Doubletree breakfast as well as our “super eficiente and friendly” team members!

It will always be a pleasure to welcome you back and greet you personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I wanted something a little different, and this place delivers. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I've stayed one night so far of my scheduled 7-night stay and I'm so glad I'm here.

The minimalist blackened glass and concrete decor with high-tech fixtures is sleek and stark and marvelous. It feels like I'm staying in a James Bond movie villain's lair. Open shower lit from below with colored LEDs: not for the timid, but I'm not sharing my room with a group so why not? Mirrored toilet cubby: so wonderfully weird. Private terrace: divine view. Approach this place with an open mind and have fun with it!

The bed is a little harder than I am accustomed to, but I slept well. The plumbing fixtures and coffee maker were a little difficult for me to figure out, but it was kind of fun to push buttons and pull levers to see what would happen. The TV is small but adequate. The mini-bar, in-room safe, robe & slippers, and umbrella are welcome luxurious conveniences. The bath towels are the size of bedsheets! I feel spoiled, and I'm loving it.

The staff is friendly, charming, exceedingly helpful, and the most physically beautiful group of people I have ever seen. Joana at the front desk is a treasure. I showed up a day earlier than planned and 2 hours before check in time and she got me into my room with almost no delay. The restaurant staff are welcoming and attentive. Almost everyone speaks enough English that I have had no trouble having all my needs met and questions answered.

To the reviewers who were put off by the modern decor: lighten up! This isn't just a hotel, it's an experience!

Room Tip: A King Deluxe with Private Terrace has a tub/shower open to the room so you'll be bathing "...