“A good place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park
Ranked #102 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great hotel..Very clean, modern design and the service is great. Good value for money compared to other hotels. Not so close to center but in a nice quite place but still downtown is accessible by walking or taxi. Nice amenities for those who have seen lisbon before.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us and for your feedback, which I really appreciate. I am very glad to read that Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park did help you make your business trip valuable and enjoyable!

When you come back to Lisbon, for either business or leisure, it would be my honor to personally take care of your reservation. You can get in touch with me via email at: goncalo.sousa@hilton.com.

Hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is one of the stranger hotels we have stayed in and although we enjoyed it, it certainly won't be to everyone's taste. Our room was on the top floor, which only has rooms on one side and the hallway felt like the boarding ramp to an airplane. The room itself had a funky design that is more about look than practicality. Black paint and limited lighting (although the bathtub lights up) creates a rather gloomy atmosphere if the sun isn't shining. The balcony was nice, allowing us to have a cocktail and enjoy some afternoon sun.
The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Marta on the front desk who couldn't have been nicer. She was terrific. The location is in the Saldanha district, too far for a comfortable walk to Rossio Square but a cab ride there is only 5 euros. Overall the hotel has sacrificed comfort for design and overall I think travellers would prefer a little more of the former.

Room Tip: The 7th floor has balconies that you can sit out on.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank darinvictor

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park and for sharing your experience with other travelers. I sincerely regret that you found our hotel different and I do apologize if we were not the type of hotel you were looking for. Each guest has its preferences and we fully embrace and understand that.

Nevertheless, I was happy to see that you liked the room’s balcony and our fabulous cocktails as well as the amazing Lisbon’s sun and we look forward to welcome you again. It will be our great pleasure to perform our best service according to your high standards and expectations!

Kindest regards from Lisbon,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very disappointing stay. The hotel was dark, cold in concept and not designed at all well. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is one of the worst I have ever been in. The staff was great but the hotel design could not have been worse no matter how hard they tried. I know this hotel was purchased by Hilton last year but they should try hard to fix it up, which might mean they have to tear it down and start over.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerald T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travelers. Allow me to present my sincere apologies for the disappointing stay you experienced. I am very sorry to know that the hotel facilities were not the ones that you and your family expected.

I would be pleased to personally write you in order to get some further details on your stay and I would appreciate if you could provide us with more detailed information about your opinion on the hotel’s concept and design by writing to the executive office of the hotel at: lisbonfontanapark.info@hilton.com or to myself: goncalo.sousa@hilton.com

Thank you in advance and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in order to give you the spotless treat you deserve.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Fontana Park Hotel for five days in March and it was fantastic. I checked in late on a Sunday afternoon and the front desk staff were so friendly and welcoming. The room was on the small side, but very well equipped and very comfortable. It's the first time I've been in a hotel where the temperature control can't be adjusted in the room. You have to call the front desk and ask for warmer or cooler. It sounds like a hassle, but it was very efficient and I had no complaints. Without exception all the staff were fantastic...especially the friendly and efficient staff at breakfast each morning. There was a tasty buffet with a new treat each day of my stay. Canadians could teach them a few things about making pancakes, but that's a minor detail. The location is very good, with the airport a 15-minute taxi drive away. The old city was a lovely 20 - 25-minute walk away. The same with Bairro Alto. If you don't want to wander far from the hotel there are excellent restaurants around the hotel and a handy food court in the shopping centre next door. The Lisbon Metro is easy to use, with two stops very close to the hotel. If you don't mind being a little farther away from the centre of town I would encourage folks to check out this excellent property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton – Fontana Park for your recent visit to Lisbon. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel service and team members absolutely incredible and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time your travels bring you back to Lisbon from Halifax, Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my first trip to Lisbon. This hotel is within walking distance of all of the main Lisbon attractions. Despite being in the center of the City, it was quiet and a great value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience from your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park with other travelers. I am extremely happy and glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel as the beautiful city of Lisbon. We look forward to welcoming you back next time when your travels bring you back to Lisbon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

A very nice modern hotel quite near the business beating heart of Lisbon- Marques do Pombal. Very professional, polite staff and modern design. Same design would possibly require a different approach, by the fact that Lisbon is world known by its light and colour, so found the corridors to the bedrooms to dark. Which was quite ackward. After a day at work I wanted to feel welcome and relaxed and those corridors... at least the bedrrom gave me the pleasure to relax. I would go back and possibly will be back soon. PS. I was solo and in a business trip for more than 21 days. So the hotel was like my second home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and it is a great honor to receive such a great review! I am sure that our great service and our efficient team members helped you make this experience memorable and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon to your “second home in Lisbon”!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance prior to arrival and, of course, during your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My stay in Lisbon at the doubletree by hilton was simply an excellent one. Both my daughter and I enjoyed the friendly and efficient service provided by the front desk. The cleanliness of the room was also another great reason why we loved our stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank victor s
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having the time to post your review about the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park. It is a great pleasure to read such review from you! I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our “efficient service provided by the front desk” and “the cleanliness of the room”!

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,