1,604 results
All reviewsdouble treeblack glassblack decordiamond membermodern designprivate terracetwo metro stationsfront desk staffhotel is locatedan upgradebusiness districtbusiness hotelcity centrepastriesairporttoiletsaldanha
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rooms were large and comfortable. Staff was excellent! They went out of their way to help us. Internet did not function in our room, but we were able to use the computers in the lobby, and also to get internet access from the lobby no problem. Bathroom doors were unusual and took getting used to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
G C S, Gerente geral at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review in Tripadvisor and for your wonderful words about our “excellent” staff and “comfortable” rooms.
We look forward to welcome you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park!

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

What a great little hotel for a short city break in Lisbon. It is located perfectly for the city being only about a 10 minute walk into the main centre. Also on the good metro lines.

The hotel is very clean and modern with friendly staff and nice rooms. Breakfast was also very good.

Would recommend if your looking for a well priced hotel on Lisbon.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our premium location as well our Wake-up DoubleTree brand standard breakfast!
It will be my honour to welcome you back at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park in a near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed two nights in July. I'd read the reviews about the location and the ultra modern feel and thought I'd give it a go. I took the metro from the airport getting off at Saldanha as the Picoas exit was closed. It as 11 PM, I was alone walking in the city but I felt safe. Tip for walkers from this metro stop, walk straight from the metro exit towards the Sheraton, 2 blocks prior to the Sheraton turn left. The Double Tree is very hard to see from the main street so the Sheraton is a good landmark.
Arriving late the check in was easy. They assigned my room, 625 an average room with a locked walk out terrace overlooking the mercato. No internet. Nothing. No signal. Calling down and was told they'd reset the modem. Nothing. By now it was 1am and I decide to wait until morning. Morning comes still no internet so I decide to have breakfast and use the internet in the restaurant, stopping first at the desk and inquiring about the room internet. I was told that this room has a completely different host/log in. After breakfast I tried the new log in but it didn't work either. They sent someone to my room to log me in. He had no success. He had to leave the room to 'reset the modem' 3 times before he got it to work.

The room was clean and comfortable. I liked the minimalist feel. The lighting in the bathroom and shower was too minimal which I did not like. I'm not sure why the consider this room an upgrade (I'm Hilton Diamond) except for the small wanna be walk out terrace that was non-accessible. The room had no seating except for a small plastic desk chair and a pillow on a ledge-shelf. No mirror anywhere besides the sink. Nothing to make this room convenient to share. The housekeeping failed to replace water and coffee packets.
The breakfast had a nice European selection and a few hot items as well. The staff polite.
Good location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank konorth
G C S, Gerente geral at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to share your thoughts with other travelers. Your feedback and comments are very important to us and allow us to make the necessary changes and take actions in order to improve ourselves.

We are very sorry to read that we failed to provide you an unforgettable experience that you should have deserved during your stay.

Please note we registered your evaluation regarding the issues about the room and the Internet connection which was passed onto the respective department for action.
Nevertheless, I am glad to read that you found our breakfast “nice” and a polite staff!

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very good location...with the Fontana Park on the side, a mercado opposite, Continente supermarket around the bend on the left,Shopping mall with a laundry..in front, a good cafe on the right side and a number of local restaurants all around.Convenient for travel, too.

Had read poor reviews about the rooms etc...but the rooms were ok (a designer's concept) but failing in Hilton's standards.As a hotel, it is 5..but for Hilton's standards..it is a 3.5-4.There should be at least 1 mirror with light...there was no shaving mirror nor for a lady. No dressing table cos the bedside is filled with the coffemaker...ofcos there is a writing table.but one expects a bedside table with Hiltons. Also Hilton's typical radio was amiss.Am aware it is not an original Hilton property but modifications could be incorporated for convenience of guests esp. Hilton loyalists.

The F&B staff is excellent!!!..perhaps the motivating attitude of F&B mgr..Renato who himself welcomes the guests for breakfast.Breakfast is very good but the dining menu could be more diverse. The cost too a little steep..but there are so many eateries around. Warm service from staff made us dine in more than once.

Stayed there 3 times within a period of 17 days and never saw the GM.Overall staff has to be initiated into the hilton culture...which is obviously lacking.This subtle difference will be upsetting to a HH members only as it did to me.Otherwise the staff is v helpful and work to their best!

Hugo, the front office manager effectively came to my rescue when I had an issue.Most of the front office staff is also very good and helpful..some more proactive than the others.The housekeeping (not the cleaners) but the complimentary water supply etc staff could be better trained rather than await the guest to request.

Worth taking upper floor rooms for the layout space. A good point was the facility to keep baggage as we moved around Portugal.

Except for not getting the Hilton culture that we are used to...I liked this place and would definitely return again hoping that rooms are equipped with bare neccesities and tubs well sealed.

A very helpful resource here is the night auditor Cornelio...ask and you shall receive.!

Room Tip: Seventh floor with private balcony....the rest are dark and dingy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank holidaymaniacGoa

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton – Fontana Park for your stay in the beautiful city of Lisbon. I am glad to read that you had a very pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms as well as the hotel facilities.

We are glad to know that our team members made you feel welcome with an attentive service.
Allow me to present my sincere apologies for the disappointing about the standards. I hope that we can improve to your next visit and I will be delighted to personally take care of your reservation and I will make sure to welcome you at the front desk in your arrival.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree Fontana Park for two nights, in a deluxe junior suite. The hotel is clean and modern, and the service from the front desk was excellent (Joana in particular). Good location, too: Ten minute walk to fancy boutique shopping and 25 minute walk to the water/central square, and easy access to the Metro. The décor and amenities in the room are at first entirely baffling -- way too many unmarked switches to control things in the room. Trial and error are the only way you’ll learn how to work the lights, shades, blinds, and the colored lights in the tub. And only one outlet near the bathroom mirror, in an arm-twistingly hard place to reach?? Really? It’s too funky and modern by half, which could be a considerable shortcoming if you just want to settle in and relax. Once you get used to it, though, you realize it’s really sort of cool. Yes the hallways are dark, but that’s part of the charm! The breakfast was good, the internet was fast, and the customer service and housekeeping were first rate. I’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

What a great honor it is to read your amazing comments about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton – Fontana Park! We are so happy that you found our hotel “clean and modern”. We are happy to know that our team members made you feel welcome with an attentive service, especially Joana, which I will be glad to let her know your kind feedback.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again in order to provide new experiences!
Best regards,