1,666 results
All reviews double tree black glass black decor diamond member modern design private terrace two metro stations an upgrade hotel is located business hotel city centre pastries airport toilet saldanha tub blinds
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When you get to your floor the hallway is black - walls, doors, ceiling and dark carpet. If you told me vampires were hanging upside down in each room I would have believed. Then when you see your room it is very modern and takes some getting used to the glass wall between the room and shower. For a family this is odd. For the single businessperson, this makes total sense. We were a family sharing 2 rooms and had guests so they had to turn away when we were in the shower.

Breakfasts and service was great. Sleek look is cool.

Room tip: wifi came with honors room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I rate this hotel three out of five stars because I hate its rooms.
All-black style and low lights in the bathroom, which make it almost impossible to shave in a proper way.

The shower has a semi-black glass separating it from the bedroom, so you will be seen by your room-mate when you take a shower: you may like it or not. In addition the shower design is such that the floor get easily wet and makes it dangerous.
Last but not least, the water closet is surrounded by mirrors, so you get yourself sitting in there all around on three sides. Again, you may like it or not. I don't.

The cabinet is dark and again with low lights.
The rooms’ corridor is oppressive and has no air conditioning.

Good breakfast for European standards, my US colleagues feel it a bit on the low side.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Virgilio F
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel in Lisbon at the beginning and end of our two week trip to southern Portugal and Spain.

First off our flight was delayed leaving Boston because of weather/ hurricane Arthur and we ended up missing one day in Lisbon. I had made reservations that were not refundable prior to 72 hours advance notice and made well in advance of our trip that I did not remember. When I tried to modify them I had to call the hotel directly. Thankfully the hotel was willing to alter this policy as we were still staying one night directly and the next in the Conrad Algarve as well as two nights at the end of our trip. Loved Lisbon and wished we hadn't missed a day of it!

Our first room was a quiet one on the third floor all the way at the end of the hallway facing the street. Upon our return at the end of our trip we had room 509 which is in the middle of the hallway facing the street but with the window partially blocked by the hotel's facade. Not a big issue but not something I would have chosen. This room did have more noticeable noise from next door neighbors. We did see the Sheraton from this room and airplanes approaching the airport - no noise from this though.

Both rooms were clean but dark as others have mentioned. Bathrooms took a little getting used to but manageable. Beds were a little on the firm side as well as the pillows. Plugs for electronics were available and next to the bed. TV had some English language channels and many others too. Internet was never a problem in either room. A/c worked well in both rooms, too.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was kind of the usual Hilton breakfast. They did have one nice addition - sunny side up eggs.

One problem - that was taken care of very nicely - was that our room was not made up when we came back from seeing the city at about 3 PM. I spoke to the hotel manager to voice our concern about this - which I don't usually do but it was the last day of our two week trip and we were really ready for our siesta before heading out again for out last night. He said he would take care of it and he did very nicely. Thank you... Overall the service was very accommodating and helpful. Checkin and checkout was done very quickly on both occasions.

It seems they are adding more rooms to the hotel with balconies. We walked down the side street to the little market and noticed on the way back more rooms being built. The side street is a nice quiet tree lined street. There was also some noise in the hotel from the work being done but I only noticed it in the lobby while we were waiting for our room to be made up.

Subway stops were nearby and the Saldinha red line station comes and goes directly to the airport. Walking with rolling suitcases was somewhat awkward because of the sidewalks but manageable. 24 hour Metro passes were 6 euro plus a 50 cent fee for the card bought at the airport Metro station. We kept the cards and used them again after buying another 24 hours when we returned to the city at the end of our trip. Definitely worthwhile if taking the trolleys. .

We rented our car at Europcar close by on AVDA ANTONIO AUGUSTO AGUIAR, 24 C/D to start our road trip and returned it there at the end of it after checking in to the hotel so we did not have to roll our suitcases again.

We enjoyed out stay here and would definitely return as I hope we do sometime in the near future.

Room tip: End room was very quiet. Not sure what the rooms look over toward the back of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bostontravelnman
Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a regular customer of Hilton group (Diamond VIP), I seek out the group's hotels when I travel.

On our recent trip to Lisbon, we chose to stay at the Doubletree Hilton. I would say that the property has both strengths and weaknesses.

(+) Good location - close to metro stations and away from the noise of the Barrio Alto

(+) In general, the staff are friendly and helpful. One exception: on one of the days, the breakfast room was staffed by trainees who didn't quite have the "message" down

(+) Sushi restaurant at the hotel was very yummy and worth trying

(+) Internet is fast and reliable

(-) Rooms - the decor is too minimalist and the shower/bathtub is not well designed. First, because it is not part of a separate area and so water can splash onto the black carpet in the room! Second, the "rain shower" head is great but there is no hand-held shower.

(-) Rooms 2 - pillows not comfortable and no apparent pillow menu offered.

(-) Rooms 3 - lighting is too dark - Especially in the WC.

(-) Breakfast- room can barely accommodate guests if the hotel is busy. Choice of food is not Hilton standard - no smoked salmon, no vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers)

Thus overall, I would think twice about staying here again.

3  Thank Ravenna2006
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great location and personal service, with the private terrace room being light, well designed and comfortable. Modern furnishings and decor which provided a unique atmosphere to the hotel. We'd be happy to return when next in Lisbon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple