“shameful” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tapadinha

Tapadinha
Ranked #1,022 of 4,016 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Loule, Portugal
“shameful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

It was the most shameful service which I had the misfortune to ever see in my life. Since the arrogance in attendance, the two ants who left to sangria into the cup until the mold on bread and finally charging the wrong account (27 euros / person), putting the desserts when the maid said previously that was part of the menu. Was disastrous, the worst price / quality ratio in the market.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Trendy Russian cuisine under the bridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This restaurant is the definition of hidden gem. Despite living round the corner from it for four months, we only discovered it after google suggested it as somewhere to go for dinner. We looked at the map and realised it was just a ten minute walk away, directly under the 25th April Bridge.

As a previous reviewer said, it looks ike a dodgy member's only club from outside. When we arrived the door was locked, and we only knew it was open because we could see vague shadows moving around inside. You have to ring a bell to get in. Luckily we'd picked up a bit of "Portuguese Courage" in the LX Factory earlier on so I steeled myself and hit the buzzer. I'm glad I did!

After walking through the red curtain, we arrived in the very trendy upstairs dining room. It was dimly lit, with some really cool soviet looking posters on the wall. The couvert wasn't the usual cheese, bread and olives. We were served up loads of wee tasty nibbles featuring roast veg, cream cheese, and rye bread. Very nice.

For the main course, my partner had the chicken kiev: which I really wanted. I had decided to be a bit more adventurous though and went for one of the dishes of the day, chocos (cuttlefish) stroganoff. Both meals were excellent. They arrived in due course accompanied with a selection of pickled veg.

The kiev was out of this world, as was the moist and fluffy mashed potato it was sitting on. I kept leaning over and nicking bits, much to James's chagrin! My stroganoff was also pretty darn delicous, with the succulent bits of seafood going surprisingly well with the cream and mushrooms. I even managed to stomach a gherkin or two!

We didn't have any room for dessert, but as we waddled up the road the only regret I had was that we hadn't tried any of their vodkas. Next time, for sure!

• Visited January 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great russian food in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's been a long time since I first visited Tapadinha restaurant and till now I never wrote a review about it, shame on me... :)
This is a really good restaurant in Lisbon, tasty russian food and superb flavoured vodkas make this an ideal place to go with friends (the downstairs room is better for this) or as a couple (stay in the upper room).
The stuff is very friendly and allways advise you on the best choices.
A must go in Lisbon!

• Visited November 2013
Lisboa
“I love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

In this restaurant, everything comes together - the environment, the food and the drinks. The starters are amazing, any plate on the menu will get you satisfied (the portions are generous and the quality is good) and the desserts are also quite good (my favorite is Russian pancakes with ice cream). Great selection of vodkas and cocktails, and you are allowed to smoke inside. At night, due to the candle-light environment, this restaurant is perfect for a romantic date. It is also very easy to park, and the service is OK. However, a full meal (starters+drinks+main course+desserts) is not cheap. Sometimes, it also tends to be very crowded.

• Visited October 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Favourite restaurant in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

It's just great, the russian food, the vodkas, the decoration, i just love it! Good for couples or friends. Intimist and funny at the same time.

• Visited October 2012