“Nothing special”

Ranked #149 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is overestimated with the number of the stars. Clearly it will be visible for you when you enter it. The fist impression will be confirmed with the look of the room (in my case, standard double room). It had at least clean bathroom and acceptable sleeping zone, but I couldn't stop thinking that maybe service room forgot to clean everything. Maybe it was old-fashioned design of the room that needs at least painting? I cannot explain it. I learnt also for many years of my travels around the world that good test to confirm the cleanliness is "windows' check". The result of the test was very poor. The hotel has nothing outstanding worth to mention (including location, access and service). The price was only good (special offer with the flight) thing about it I may say. You want to sleep only? take it. For longer stay - not recommended.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank I. N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I booked last minute and when we arrived was pleased with the room. It was spacious, clean, close to restaurants and exactly what I was looking for. However, there was a lot of noise on the second night with banging until 23:15 and then drills being used on walls the following day before 09:00. It wasn`t quite the relaxing night I was looking for. The staff looked genuinly concerned when I told them in the morning but the truth is, i don`t expect to pay for a restless nights sleep in a hotel. These things happen and it wasn`t anyone`s fault, but I stay in a lot of hotels for work and I`m am used to being compensated when something like this happens... nothing was offered. Overall, without the noise it would have been a nice budget place to stay but I would think twice about staying there again after not receiving the level of customer satisfaction I`m used to from other companies.

Room Tip: Do not take a room next to the other building as they are doing construction and you may be disturbe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CraigTucks

Travellers are raving about these Lisbon hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is not close to the tourist attractions, but there are metro stations around. The room is nice and clean and has air conditioning, fridge, table and chairs for work. The bed is a bit hard, but it probably won't disturb your sleep time. The bathroom is big and comfortable. The room was not ready at the time of check-inn, however, the staff offered to store our bags and we could use the hotel bathroom. It is not a fantastic hotel,but if you're looking for a good and cheap hotel, I would recommend this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Thais G
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

5 minutes walk to Campo Pequeno metro station.

No in room coffee/tea maker.
Towels are frayed on the edges.
Wifi works OK.
Shower head is really old and does not spray properly.

Just OK for one night or two passing by.

A Pizza Hut next door and a cafeteria across the street. For food, there are better choices near by.

1 Thank FlipViet
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Hotel 3K Barcelon (Lisbon, Portugal) - I had booked into the hotel on-line after reading other people’s positive reviews about it; I had reserved to sty for 18 days, after five days I decided to move to a better hotel.
Why did I not love this hotel? Let me count the ways!
I left the hotel because it did not, does not live up to the quality specifications that it publishes in its reference material that is available through booking.com..

Hotel 3K Barceloa claims to be a four star hotel, in my opinion it is (at best) only worth two stars. The hotel was listed as being ‘downtown’ but in fact it should more correctly be described as being in central or mid-town Lisbon.
The room I was given was clean but clearly outdated; the bed had a very hard, uncomfortable mattress; the desk lacked an electricity outlet into which one could plug one’s computer; one of the bedside lights lacked a bulb; TV reception was fuzzy on many if not most channels; rooms are reportedly soundproofed but I could clearly hear planes flying to and from Lisbon airport, (their flight path is almost directly overhead) also, each time the patrons in the room above mine used their bathroom I would hear their toilet flushing, their shower running etc.
The publicity for the hotel advised that there would be a safe in the room, when I asked about the safe at reception while checking into the hotel, the receptionist told me that their would be a charge of ‘two euros per night’ for its use, I protested that charge saying that it was not advertised in the hotel’s information, after an uncomfortable couple of minutes of silence the reservations manger graciously instructed his colleague that I would be allowed that I could use the safe ‘free of charge’ during my stay as ‘a gift’ from him; there a safe was in the room, but it was inconveniently located on the floor, I had to get down on my knees in front of it to access its interior, not good placement in my considered opinion.s.
The bathroom was very outdated; the drain plug in the bath did not work properly and one day had to be removed by staff in order to drain the tub; the floor of the bathtub was dangerously slippery, the staff eventually supplied an old, discoloured bathmat that I could use to stand on whilst showering. There are no safety hand-bars located in the bathtub’s surround, there should be, a necessity for getting into and out of the tub. The tap in the washroom dripped constantly until I finally insisted that it be repaired. A hair dryer was supplied but did not work; I was informed by a receptionist that it did work but that I did not know how to use it… when I insisted that a staff person come to the room and instruct me how to use it he quickly agreed that the fault lay in the hair dryer, it simply did not work. The towels provided for guest’s use were of poor quality.
The free Wi-Fi was not reliable, often crashed shortly after 8 p.m. in the evenings at a time when many guests were trying to use it, that happened (crashed) 3 nights in a row whilst I was at the hotel and on each occasion service was not restored until early next day. In order to use the Wi-Fi I was requires to input a new access code each day. The reception staff acknowledge that the Wi-Fi crashing has been an ongoing problem that they have repeatedly reported to the hotel’s management but no action has been taken by them to update the system
The lobby/lounge decor is outdated, (was possibly considered trendy 20 years) ago; and is not in any way welcoming or comfortable; it contains a couple of dozen high-backed leather armchairs and a few small tables located between them, the furniture sits on a cold granite floor; it is sterile and unwelcoming, it is not a guest friendly place in which to relax.. The so called ‘Lobby Bar’ is small and only open for a few hours each evening; it was rarely frequented by more than one or two guest whilst I was resident in the hotel.
On the 5th day of my stay at the hotel at mid-morning I asked reception to have my room made-up ready for my return; when I returned to the hotel shortly after twelve-noon the room had not been serviced; I again request the front receptionist on duty at the desk to have my room made up ASAP, left the hotel for an hour and when I returned the room was still untouched; I spoke with the receptionist then on duty and asking that housekeeping make up my room immediately, in reply I was told by the receptionist that the housekeeping staff had all gone to lunch and would make up my room when they returned at 2.00 p.m.; for me this was the last straw! I went online to booking.com, located an available room at another hotel that I could move into next morning and cancelled the remaining 12 days of my reservation at Hotel 3K Barcelona.
To close this review. I give credit to the staff at the reception desk who work under trying conditions, they were friendly and helped me wherever they could; to the best of my knowledge there were no bellman available to help guests with luggage etc. upon their arrival or departure from the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for quality, it is cheaper in the long run
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kurmee31
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I've been staying for a week for sightseeing. The hotel is really close to the subway station, you do not even need to catch a cab to get here from the airport. The main sights are pretty far away, but you can always use the metro. The rooms are nice and the staff is really friendly and helpful.
The only problem is that at night hear everything that's going on in the neighboring rooms. But I'm a light sleeper, the normal person should be ok with it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TECAK
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Rooms clean and comfortable. Close to Campo Pequeno where there are restaurants and shops, as well as the bullfight arena. Parking in the hotel and very reasonable. 10 min drive to airport but a long walk to Avenue de Liberdade (approx 2 kilometers). Would stay here again is passing through with a car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family