“Cod fish cake”

Ranked #14 of 33 Quick Bites in Lisbon
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I was immediately drawn to this place when I saw the rotating tree of cod fish cakes. It was also brightly lit and lots of people in line so I knew this place had to be special. I gave it a try on my last evening in Lisbon. I was happy to see Madeira wine on the menu which became my new favorite wine. All I can say was their cod fish cake was really good. It reminded me of croquettes in Spain but this was cheesier and richer. It was the best appetizer before dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Good concept: the place only serves cod croquettes in two versions: with or without cheese. there is very little cod in the croquettes, almost all potatoes. For the price of 4 EUR each which in Portugal is very expensive, you get tourist food: a good brand and very little quality. For half the price you will eat the same croquettes in nice restaurants, prepared by chefs, of a much higher quality. We found several ones around town, and have elected our favourite in a restaurant in Cascais.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We passed here a few times and it was always packed, so we decided to stop and have the "cod fishcake" with cheese and without it, I should have read some of the reviews before we decided to buy 2 of each (4 euro per cod cake), it was bland and yes definitely salty. I am surprised as to how salty it was and for the price you would expect it to have a great taste. I never had the cheese one but my friend said it was nothing special and she would not have it again. I am sure you could buy one of these somewhere else for cheaper and maybe tastier.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

The pastels looked good, but they are not.
They are expensive and dry inside. The only good thing was the cheese inside the pastel.
I will not come here again.

As it is located in the Paca of Commercio everything is expensive, small beer 4€ and something.
Better to ho to a secondary street and enjoy a super bock for 1€ and eat anything local, no need to be a famous croquette.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

those litle delicassy are waiting for you with a glass of madeira wine and its so delicious for fish lover only

Date of visit: May 2018