“Not impressed”

Ranked #12 of 27 Quick Bites in Lisbon
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 17 October 2018

The pastel looks better than it tastes. What a disappointment. The staff is very friendly and you can take pictures and they will pose for you with a smile, but the product is a failure. The taste is not good and it's very dry. We just threw it away after two bites hoping the first one was a miss, but it got worse. Been there done that, never again.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank TravelLovers2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed by this over-priced speciality. The cheese inside takes over the fish taste, resulting in a tasteless acid mix. We much more favour the traditional codfish acra, sold all over the city restaurants for one third the price.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Really the worst!!
Bacalhau not even found on it. Even frozen from supermarket taste better.
Forget it just trap!!

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Tureikis
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I was immediately drawn to this place when I saw the rotating tree of cod fish cakes. It was also brightly lit and lots of people in line so I knew this place had to be special. I gave it a try on my last evening in Lisbon. I was happy to see Madeira wine on the menu which became my new favorite wine. All I can say was their cod fish cake was really good. It reminded me of croquettes in Spain but this was cheesier and richer. It was the best appetizer before dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Good concept: the place only serves cod croquettes in two versions: with or without cheese. there is very little cod in the croquettes, almost all potatoes. For the price of 4 EUR each which in Portugal is very expensive, you get tourist food: a good brand and very little quality. For half the price you will eat the same croquettes in nice restaurants, prepared by chefs, of a much higher quality. We found several ones around town, and have elected our favourite in a restaurant in Cascais.

Date of visit: September 2018