“big starter, small pasta dish” 3 of 5 bubbles

Capricciosa
Ranked #2,290 of 4,021 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$14 - US$22
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Parque das Nacoes
Brussels, Belgium
“big starter, small pasta dish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I ate at Capricciosa downtown near the station close to Rossio Square. I had the fried porcini as a starter. The portion was quite large, but I didn't like it very much, although I'm a porcini lover. The porcini seemed all cooked different, some had a lot of bite to it, and some were completely slimy. For pasta dish I choose pasta con aglio and olio and gamberi, which was tasty but the portion was incredibly small. If I hadn't taken a starter I would have left hungry. I had a strange feeling in my stomach after eating the porcini. Later, I threw up my whole meal. I would not recommend going there.

• Visited October 2013

Koksijde, Belgium
“Nice location, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Capricciosa has several restaurants in the Lisbon area. We went to the one at the docks (Docas).
The location is nice at the waterfront. Since it was a rainy day we needed to sit inside. (I prefer outside although this can be very noisy because you are sitting close to the Ponte 25 Abril; when a train is passing you are forced to stop the conversation!)
The inside decoration is all white with some red accent (chairs, lampshades). Gives a clean but cool impression.
As starters, besides the obligatory olives, each of us took a bruschettta. Tasteful and the bread was nicely crispy.
Then my wife went for the spaghetti "Al Aglio, Olio...". A bit of a disillusion because she didn't expect it to be without any garnishing. The dish was white as the walls of the restaurant only with a "small" red accent: half a micro tomato on top.
I took a pizza "4 stagioni" which was just OK. The wine of our choice was a Valpolicella. Again OK.
For the people with car, you need to go via the Avenida de Brasilia where the restaurant offers free parking (2 hours).
All in all our lunch was OK in a nice setting.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Visited Capricciosa as the setting looked nice, and we could see that they had a wood stove for cooking pizza. So what did we choose? Pizza of course! We dined "al fresco" which was pleasant enough, but the food left much to be desired. The pizzas were really awful-tasteless and soggy. They even put buffalo mozzarella on one pizza, which made it wet in the middle. I asked for a pizza from the menu to have an egg added, which they were unable to do, so they said I'd have to order a base and add the toppings I wanted. Choosing individual toppings made my pizza much more expensive than if I had ordered a standard one off the menu and forgotten the egg, which came hard boiled. I am unable to explain how it is possible to make such a poor pizza when one has a wood stove, but this is what they do well.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ceemgee
Gibraltar
“Good place to take your family.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Capricciosa restaurant at the Expo's Parque das Nacoes is a very popular place for locals, particularly the young people.

An Italian fast food place with commercial pastas being served. The pizzas looked estremely good, thin and crispy and made on the premises. These seemed the most popular choice with patrons.

We asked for a first course of stuffed mushrooms served with rukula which was very tasty, however the saltimbocca a la Romana did not come up to expectations. Made with bacon instead of ham it was very different to the ones we normally eat. The spaghetti with pomodoro sauce which accompanied it was not very exciting. Terrific amount of food, real huge portions that could have done for the three of us!

Patrons were mainly families and late teenagers. Pleasant enough if you haven't a too delicate stomach and like to eat ferociously.

The young people serving were all very friendly. quick and extremely helpful.

If you want to have a quick meal and don't mind sharing this might be the place for you.

Very affordable.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rossio restaurant to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This review is for their Rossio located restaurant which doesn't appear on tripadvisor yet. Soggy uncooked pizza and bland and cheap pasta. When I complained to the waitress she ignored me so I went to the manager and he started arguing with me in front of other customers! Unbelievably poor.

• Visited July 2013