Open today: 08:00 - 20:00

from US$24.18
from US$44.90
from US$56.41
More Info
All reviews his knowledge food tour walking tour paulo arch culture alfama city guide
Reviewed 15 January 2018

‘What can I say, what Paulo does not know about Lisbon is not worth knowing. His knowledge, passion and love of Lisbon is so engaging. I have two rather quiet teenage daughters (I know hard to believe). Paulo managed to engage them where they were asking questions and definitely vow to return.

We were able to book Paulo for two 1/2 days so that we could pace ourselves. He also asked us if there was anything specific that we wanted to see or go to. So I assume he can make your tour bespoke.

To name a few places, we visited the Rua Augusta Arch, The top of the Santa Justa Lift, the medieval quarters of Alfama and Mouraria, the Graça and Senhora do Monte viewpoints (absolutely stunning) and well worth the walk up the winding stairs. The weather was great and to get 360 degree views was wonderful and my daughter's took some amazing photo's.

We stopped for lunch at the fantastic Time Out Market, near Cais do Sodré. The array of choices means that there is something for everyone (including the children)!

Here is one of my daughters recommendations 'I would highly recommend including the restaurant at the WC Beautique Hotel in Lisbon.(Yep sounds odd, but absolutely mouth-watering food) ...which has some of Lisbon's finest cuisines'. I have to say a great find, with very eclectic décor.

Paulo said that at the last count 98 nationalities currently live in Lisbon, which makes it a truly diverse city, which is great.

I did see and overhear other guides while on our tour , however, we knew we had a great guide. We could not fail to soak up and appreciate Paulo's expertise and love of his country. We were never rushed and we felt the importance of what Paulo so freely shared with us.

Would I recommend 'More Lisbon Tours' with Paulo...Without a shadow of a doubt. There is definitely 'More' to Lisbon and in my but more importantly in my daughters opinion Paulo is the best guide ever.

We truly thank you.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2017

My wife and I were enjoying Portugal and the exciting Lisbon. We have decided to make our time there even better there and took a Taste Tour, which is full of history and curiosities that only real locals knows. Besides, the food and drink...no words! Everything was so great, we want already to come back as soon as possible! I highly recommend this tour if you want to learn, feel, taste the city and culture...a must do!! Greetings from Arthur

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful introduction to Lisbon, relaxed, friendly, funny - our guide even managed to charm and engage my teenager. We returned to many of the places visited, which we would never have known about otherwise. Brilliant.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Paulo is a fantastic tour guide who has an absolute wealth of knowledge about Lisbon and won't disappoint even the most avid and independent travellers. He took me to the most beautiful neighbourhoods and explained the complex history of them as we walked down nooks and crannies to observe the juxtaposition between the old and the new. He enlightened me about the different tiles that had been used on the buildings and the architectural traditions that had been kept by the citizens whilst being repaired. I really enjoyed Alfama, that reminded me of the Kasbah in Algeria, and he explained the fascinating history of the moorish influences on this city. He also took me to the flea market, pantheon and areas where you could view the whole of Lisbon. He explained to me the culture and passion of food that Portugal has as we sat down for lunch at the Expo 98. One thing is for sure, I have learnt so much about this beautiful city from Paulo that I will take it back with me to improve the quality of my life in London. Don't go anywhere else for a tour! You won't regret the experience!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank rimesfrost
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I would highly recommend doing the Discover Lisbon tour when first arriving in the city! Paulo provides a vast overview of the history of the city, which really brings the monuments and buildings to life. There is so much context that I would not have gotten had I only wandered around on my own. I was able to take lots of great pictures of the main attractions but also the streets of the different neighborhoods (Alfama was my favorite). This tour is offered at a great value, and I will recommend to anyone who visits!

Date of experience: February 2017