“Delicious”

Ranked #5 of 51 Bakeries in Lisbon
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Although I was not a big fan of nata, this one was really delicious. There is usually a long queue for take away but I recommend you to be patient and wait for it, worth to try.

Write a ReviewReviews (36,458)

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here during a day trip to Lisbon mainly because of all the amazing things I had read on trip advisor and it did not disappoint. I made a point to try custard tarts everywhere I could in Portugal. These are by far the best ones I have had ever. They are Slightly different because they are made using a traditional recipe. I loved that they we're warm and crispy!

We had lunch here as well. My husband had a ham and cheese sandwich and I had the ham quiche. Both we're delicious!

NOTE - there will be a long line outside. That is for take out! If you want to sit down and eat you can just walk in through the door before the take out counter and find a seat! Which means you completely by pass the line.

1  Thank Lovethesun1987
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice place and excellent pasteis!!! placed in the main avenue of Belém. Quick service. Normal price. A+++

Reviewed 22 August 2014

One of the places one should make an effort to visit while in Lisbon. Pasteis De Belem is pretty much the same as Pasteis De Nata, which you can get all over the city. But a great snack and a great place to see.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Pasteis De Belem is on the short list of sites to visit for visitors to Lisbon, and that's immediately evident by the line stretching down the sidewalk outside the shop. But, the line moves quickly, and the little custard tarts are worth any inconvenience. These were our favorite of all the ones we sampled in Lisbon -- and we sampled far too many. The pastries are served still warm, with the outer shell flaky and the custard sweet but not too sweet. They also provide you with little packets of cinnamon so you can control the amount of cinnamon flavor.