“We only got take away and it was lovely”
Review of Pasteis de Belem

Pasteis de Belem
Ranked #3 of 39 Bakeries in Lisbon
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Belem
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Not quite as good as the place off the square in bairro alto but a quick queue and fun experience. Worth a stop on a tour of belem if you're heading that way

Write a ReviewReviews (33,247)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Portuguese custard tarts can be found all over the world in various forms of consistency of custard and pastry, always with the same basic shape and ingredients ....but to taste the original recipe from the nearby Jeronemos Monastery former monks you need to visit this place (the owners and guardians of the original recipe). Don't be put off by the seemingly long queues as they advance quite quickly. As you are there try some of the other savoury pastries on sale.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Although I was not a big fan of nata, this one was really delicious. There is usually a long queue for take away but I recommend you to be patient and wait for it, worth to try.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here during a day trip to Lisbon mainly because of all the amazing things I had read on trip advisor and it did not disappoint. I made a point to try custard tarts everywhere I could in Portugal. These are by far the best ones I have had ever. They are Slightly different because they are made using a traditional recipe. I loved that they we're warm and crispy!

We had lunch here as well. My husband had a ham and cheese sandwich and I had the ham quiche. Both we're delicious!

NOTE - there will be a long line outside. That is for take out! If you want to sit down and eat you can just walk in through the door before the take out counter and find a seat! Which means you completely by pass the line.

1  Thank Lovethesun1987
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice place and excellent pasteis!!! placed in the main avenue of Belém. Quick service. Normal price. A+++