“Very good steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe de Sao Bento

Cafe de Sao Bento
Reserve with
Cafe de Sao Bento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 4,047 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: Gastropub, Steakhouse, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Portuguese restaurant specialized in steaks (steakhouse) . Known as the Best Steak in Town ( by Time Out , " vox populi" and other magazines . You can have lunch in working days and dinner everyday until 02 AM.
Kent
“Very good steak”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very plain exterior so you wonder if you have come to the right place. Ring the doorbell and then you are greeted by very friendly waiter. We ate upstairs - it is a shame that this is the non smoking area as the downstairs is a more interesting room. We had excellent trio of dried ham and some lovely cheese with a spicy jelly for starters and then we all had fillet mignon for the main course. The main reason for coming would be for steak and fries as the menu is limited. Helpful waiter made us feel welcome.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LAW64

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great Steaks, Great Service.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited here with my wife and son recently. The cafe gives the impression of being a select dining club right from the start. The front door is like a normal house and you have ring the bell to enter the restaurant. The waiters are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. My wife and I both had the Sao Bento filet mignon with chips and my son had the Portugeuse style mignon with hot potato chips. We also tried the raspberry cheesecake and passion fruit mousse. All were delicious and well served. This was one of the best meals we have had in Lisbon and we will definitely go back if we visit again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LC49
Miami, Florida
“Classic... worth going there”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a classic restaurant in Lisbon well worth the visit. I've been there for 4 times now and I highly recommend it. very good steak and fries :)

• Visited December 2013
London
“Great steak, quality meat”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The Portuguese generally cook their steaks in a pan and being the grilled steak kinda guy I struggle with this. They still pan cook their steaks here, but what sets them apart is the quality of the meat - it is very, very good meat. Tender and full of flavour. The potatoes that come with the steaks are also sensational. Would I come back - probably - and I'd ask if they can cook my steak on the grill next time.

Visited June 2014
“Wonderful! Nothing like I've ever had!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I came here three years ago and had one of the best steaks of my life. Seriously. The cream sauce is one of kind, and the tenderness of the filet is impeccable. So what do I do three years later? I come back to Lisbon and go again. Same great steaks. I can't say enough good things about this place. Just go and experience for yourselves. Service and food are definitely worth five stars!