Quiet hotel and calm neighborhood, even if on a relatively busy street. We stayed here one night, due to unavailable rooms at Zenit Hotel, at the same rate of €100.
VIP Grand is modern, glass, metal, strange orange and blue lights outside and yellow/black inside, an atmosphere rather cold, tech-like but interesting. Large lobby, bar area. Hotel for business people mostly.
It is located a few kilometers away from the airport, from Oceanario and Centro Vasco Da Gama (the big mall), and a little further from port and main attractions, but in a relatively small city this is not a problem. Campo Pequeno Shopping Centre, metro, airport bus and bus station, all are 3-5min away. We used the Aerobus tickets on all other public transport that day. On the left side of the shopping centre there is a sightseeing bus stop.
Our twin room on the 11th floor was nice, clean and bright. We could see over most buildings around. Loved the stylish bathroom, with excellent showers, weird bath tub (while showering the drainage can be better).
Best toiletries we had of all three hotels we stayed in this Portugal holiday!
Bedroom smallish, with a comfortable bed, no side tables, only a small round table (and an armchair as a sitting area). Electric kettle. Good storage space. Automated blinds on window and the glass wall between room and shower/bath tub. Flat screen TV.
Breakfast is too expensive at €20. We did not go to the pool, spa, fitness centre, hairdresser or restaurant, so cannot comment on these.
Helpful, professional and polite front desk staff (and I was so upset for the time-wasting relocation from Zenit to VIP Grand!).
There is a building site just across the street. No noise, but not a nice view if you get a lower floor room.
My only complain - there is no free internet (no Wi-Fi). Cabled internet is €3/hour, €5/2hours and so on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building that, for many years, was the head-office of Portuguese National Television has been converted into a modern 5-star hotel. Located between the historical area and the business centre of Lisbon, in VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & SPA you will find the widest range of services, at the highest level. At this Hotel, with a total of 295 rooms, including 31 Suites, you can enjoy the relaxing ambience, surrounded by state-of-the-art equipments and panoramic views over the city of Lisbon. Decorated in a cosy and modern way, in this Hotel you will be able to enjoy all the comfort and services of a 5 star hotel, namely: the Cenário restaurant, the Press Club bar, and an outdoor swimming pool (seasonal: from May to September). The Hotel has also private parking and Wireless Internet access. It is also possible to enjoy the SPA & Wellness Centre that will make you feel renewed. The SPA is managed by Lucia Piloto and its services and treatments are subject to an extra cost. Dear Guests, The VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & SPA regrets to inform that the SPA and the Gym will be closed, for maintenance works, between the 9th and 23rd August 2015. The hotel apologises for the inconvenience and thank for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vip Grand Lisboa Hotel And Spa
- Vip Grand Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Vip Grand Lisboa Lisbon