“When I come back to Lisbon, THIS is where I'm staying!”

Lisbon Lounge Hostel
Ranked #29 of 445 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Incheon, South Korea
“When I come back to Lisbon, THIS is where I'm staying!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I traveled around Europe from Istanbul to Lisbon, Edinburgh to Malta, and this place was by far the BEST hostel I stayed at. On a scale of 5, this place is a 20, hands down. Location is EXCELLENT. It's central and you can easily walk almost everywhere you want to go for tourist-y stuff. The staff was wonderful. I met friends at the hostel and was going to stay an extra day than them, so I asked if I could just leave my things in the room I was already in and not have to pack up and "check out" only to check back in, and they accommodated me, no problem. This was unusual for my experience with hostels and it was so nice! The decor is unparalleled for hostels as well- funky, cool, and comfortable. Always spotless and clean while I was there; the shower and bathroom facilities were wonderful. Loved the nightly dinners! Food was great, company was even better. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Have travelled the world for years and quite simply this is the Crem de la Crem of hostels. Can´t really say anything that hasn´t already been said. Just book your room now before someone else does!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I booked this hostel just because a friend of mine recommended it, and the minute we entered I understood exactly WHY she'd done so! I have been now passing the word onto anyone I know!

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Upon our a arrival, I was in a rush and forgot my open purse -with credit cards and money in it- in their luggage room on top of my bag. Not only they found it but kept it perfectly safe even though I was gone for hours! The second I set a foot back into the hostel, the receptionist basically jumped on his seat and greeted me informing what they'd found while handing it back to me!

Breakfast was really good, including the pancakes a lovely lady would be always fixing for us. There was also different kinds of jam, something nutella-like, fruits, bread, coffee, milk, tea, cereals... Basically anything you could need to start off excellent a day and charge batteries. Gutted I missed their dinner meals, but we would always return to the hostel late at night, so we never got to actually try them.

The beds were really comfy, and there were lockers big enough to fit your luggage in there under your own bed. The bathrooms were always strikingly clean, everything was perfectly neat.

Their common areas are JUST as you see them on their website pictures, no photoshop-scam whatsoever, I can guarantee you!

We got to join some of the hostels activities and had a ball with Henri, their Aussie guide and the rest of the guests.

I actually REGRETED I'd already booked a flight to Paris and couldn't stay any longer in Lisbon, this hostel has definitely made my stay so much wonderfully better in this beautiful city.

If you're going to Lisbon, YOU MUST STAY IN LISBON LOUNGE HOSTEL or its parner, LIVING LOUNGE HOSTEL. These two places have definitely set the bar for my "hostel rating" radar, whenever I get back to Lisbon, I'm sure I know where I want to sleep :)

Best of wishes for all of you guys working there, do keep it up! ;)

Room Tip: Stayed in 4 and 6 beds dorms on different nights, and they were both really good, had no problems at...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Positives:
Very clean
Individual lockers (part of bunk bed)
Daily activities
Wifi and computers for use
Breakfast included
Dinner (9 euro and delicious)
Bar (9 ish to 1ish)
Location (very easy to find and central)

Negatives:
You have to ring the buzzer everytime you come in and I could hear it from my room.

I only stayed one night, but would stay there again, one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

If you plan to stay here make sure this is the last time you ever stay in a hostel because once you've stayed at the Lisbon Lounge every other hostel around the world looks like some smelly crack den....
Go, just go and see for yourself, my boyfriend and I have never forgotten Lisbon and how amazing our holiday was, and im sure this boutique style guesthouse (sorry, hostel....) and the people who run it played a major part in that....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here for three nights in April 2011 on our first visit to Lisbon and Portugal.

Can not recommend this hostel enough for anyone - travellers alone, with partners, friends, families...

We didn't partake in many of the activities, but every day there were walks, tours, night time activities. And, a chef that made traditional and yummy Portugese food for only 8 euro. Great to meet people over a meal, or walking thru the streets, or having a beer at night time. And, breakfast - yum..!

24 hour reception meant we could ask any question at any time of the day. Taxi called for us at 4am.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Large, lockable lockers under the beds. Comfortable beds..! Large windows in a beautiful old part of the town. Quiet location at night, but easy walking distance to everything. Bathrooms and toilets were clean, always one available to use. Internet and lounge rooms were well thought out, plenty of space to chat and chill out.

Made our stay in Lisbon even better than it was. Will return and stay here for sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic :) Very spacious
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Great hostel. Comfortable and dorms are great. The front desk is really helpful. The dinner is great ... One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Make sure you take the address of the hostel with you as taxi drivers don't know it.

Room Tip: The second floor which is actually the third were nicer and quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo