Estalagem Do Convento
Hotel Louro(Obidos)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
SANA Silver Coast Hotel(Caldas da Rainha)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a lovely and quite extraordinary hotel. It was built as a nunnery and was completed in 1833 but, fortunately for us, the nuns never arrived. The building still retains much of the quaint old-fashioned charm and the refectory (now the breakfast room) is stunning. Even the newer parts of the hotel have been tastefully and sympathetically blended into the ambiance with stylish fittings and décor.

The staff are all very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The breakfasts are superb with a good variety of choice and although they don’t do other meals, there is a good choice of restaurants within easy walking distance. Parking, during our stay was never a problem and we were always able to find a space close to the hotel.

Overall, I would thoroughly recommend the Estalgem do Convento and would not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dayash86
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked this property online about six months ahead of our stay. By the time we arrived at the hotel I was hoping that it would be as charming as in the photos. Oh my goodness !!!!! It was a wonderful four star hotel at a two star price. The rooms, service, breakfast, and especially the woman who worked the front desk were AMAZING !!!! It is a one minute walk to the wall gate into the town and very quiet at night. I can not even think why ANYONE would ever stay in any other hotel in Obidios !!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank JdogRossCa.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Spent our 25th wedding anniversary at this amazing hotel. We had a lovely room, with a bottle of sparking wine left to chill on our arrival. The staff were tremendously helpful and friendly. Obidos is a charming little old historic town with its cobbled stones, very quaint. Everything about the hotel was superb. I would highly recommend it and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in Room 3 which was perfect. Very spacious with an ensuite. No complaints
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This place is so charming, you can almost imagine Nuns quietly roaming the halls, except for the cozy bar to your right when you first enter. The walled city of Obidos is so close ...literally there are steps right across the street that take you into the old city. We arrived by auto so we didn't want to drive into that little city....not a good idea just FYI. The staff at Estalagem was really nice and the breakfast in the morning was very adequate. The bed was large and comfortable with a warm comforter and nice sheets. My only complaint is that we had a front room, right above the front entrance, and we could hear the noise asociated with that. Noise travels fairly well in the hallways and stairs so it wasn't a very quiet room but my ear plugs allowed me to sleep quite well. I think it might be a good idea to ask for a room that is not in the front of the building..there are other rooms so I bet they are quieter. Despite the noise thing which wasn't like all night long or anything I would go back and I would recommend this place to stay. It is very clean and so so so charming!!!

Room Tip: Best to try not to have a room that faces the front street because it could be a little noisy. Pack earplugs just in case.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hawaiiginny
Reviewed 29 May 2013

very happy this was our Obidos stay - upon arrival, we were shown directly to our room, given a map of Obidos and some history on the building. Room 5 is very spacious corner room with huge ensuite bath with amazing water pressure and lots of hot water. Males guests: the toilet seat didn't stay propped up, the ladies will be happy for this LOL. Huge high ceilings, no problems getting WIFI reception in this room. I was a bit concerned this being a corner (thus windows in both bedroom and bathroom for plentiful daylight) it would be noisy at night but dead quiet. Huge great room with equal sized fireplace, looks like it could easily swallow an entire cow. Breakfast more than adequate. We only stayed here overnight, and did not explore the hotel entirely. I could imagine snuggling up to the bar fireplace in a rainly cool spring night with glass of red wine...I would stay here again. Only reason I did not give this an excellent was the dining/breakfast room was a bit depressing completely enclosed with no view outside or natural lighting. A small thing but I love to be greeted by morning sun.

Room Tip: Room 5 is large corner room in older part of convent - hugely atmospheric with sympathetic furnishings throughout.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple