“A classy joint!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A classy joint!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a very impressive, well kept golf course which can be a bit intimidating to golfing rabbits like myself. The tees, fairways and, particularly, the greens are very well kept. There is quite a lot of water around the course. My friends, who are better golfers than I, really like this course. It has a very impressive clubhouse the front of which is raised high - giving impressive panoramic views of the course and the sea beyond. It is enjoyable to just sit there - with coffee or cold beer, watching the hardier types playing the course!

Visited June 2014

Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“World Class Course”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've been very fortunate to play some fantastic courses in all corners of the world and can honestly say that Royal Obidos compares to the very best. I played it from the white tees and found it an excellent examination of my game (12 hcap) finishing with a 85. Each hole is unique with the par 5 second and par 3 15th two particular highlights. I paid €65 which included a buggy (which by the way is an absolute NECESSITY!!)
It is a superior track to the nearby praia del rey, which is a compliment in itself....

Visited June 2014
1 Thank IrelandTravelmad
Bracknell, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Getting better and better”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A challenging course which is still very new and looks plain from the road but once you are playing the view is transformed. Some stunning holes looking out to the lagoon. Lots of risk/reward and plenty of water to challenge the faint hearted. If you decide to walk the course I would recommend an electric trolley or carry as a push trolley is draining over the hilly terrain

Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I actually came here twice recently. The first time was in March as part of a 'lads' golfing tour. The second time was a couple of weeks later when I was with my wife and son. So two rather contrasting trips.

First of all the golf. The consensus amongst our party of 20 or so experienced golfers was that this was a great golf course. Yes it's long and quite testing, but what a wonderful experience. There are done truly great holes, and for a mid-handicap players such as myself this was a real treat.

We'd had such a great day that when I was looking to take my wife somewhere nice on our holiday I immediately thought of Royal Obidos. The view from the clubhouse over the golf course and towards the ocean and setting sun is spectacular. The food was lovely and good value. As it is a relatively new course you are guaranteed peace and tranquility; on the evening that we were there, there were only 2 other couples in the place.

The 5 star Spa Hotel is due to open in July. This really is a special place, and I hope it gets the success and recognition it deserves.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Phoenixnight
Caldas da Rainha, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Took too long”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very well kept course with excellent greens. However, 5 hours for a two ball to play 18 holes is unacceptable and it wasn't busy!. The course is difficult enough without having to wait to play every shot and its not cheap. Course management needs to be improved a lot.

Visited April 2014