Hotel Real D'Obidos
US$305
Pestana Hotel Group
Casa D'Obidos(Obidos)(Great Value!)
US$106
Casa de Campo Sao Rafael(Obidos)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$198
Marriott Hotels
US$185
US$141
Casa de Sao Tiago do Castelo(Obidos)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
US$173
US$158
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Beachfront Apartments(Amoreira)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$210
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsmedieval themethemed hotelparking garagefour poster bedold townroom keyswimming poolnice hotelroom safebath showertwo nightsarrive early enoughaverage hotelwalled citybuffet breakfast was goodstaying at this hotelroom was large and comfortable
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have just completed a 12 day tour of Portugal, stayed in 5 hotels, and this is my only negative review in the entire country. We booked a hotel in Obidos because we didn't want to leave our suitcases, which had necessary medical supplies in it, exposed in our car in a parking lot outside the city walls. When we arrived at this hotel we were told our room was not ready. I asked if I could please leave my suitcases in the hotel and was told I had to leave them in my car. Other guests were all allowed to leave their suitcases in the hotel but we were not. We parked our car in the hotel garage and then had to carry our bags up one and a half flights of stairs to the hotel lobby when our room was ready. Also, all the hallways have multiple scatter rugs which catch on the suitcase wheels and make rolling luggage almost impossible. When we were checking in I asked to have 2 additional large towels put in our room because I needed them to clean some medical supplies. I was told I needed to pay 7 euros to use these towels. I had already paid extra for an upgraded room but I guess this didn't matter. I was told this is the policy of the management. I asked to speak to the management but was not allowed to. Instead the surly girl at the front desk talked to "management" by telephone and I was told the fee would be waived. However, management wanted to make sure I would not damage their towels with my supplies. Also they wanted to know if I would need them every day. I have undergone major reconstructive surgery and only need the towels to dry my clean catheters and keep them clean after use. This in no way way could hurt their towels and it was very embarrassing for me to explain this. We found the people in Portugal to be among the friendliest and kindest of any European country. This hotel was the only spot where this is not true.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Shelley S
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great little spot for the historic experience without being corny. Staff excellent, amenities clean and well presented. Parking and a pool a bonus. Right next to the walled town, 20 mins to the beach and 1 hour to Fatima. Recommend highly, be prepared for creaky floors and groaning pipes.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 days as part of a driving holiday in May 2013 and really enjoyed it. A small hotel with friendly, helpful staff, located in the stunning walled town of Obidos. Well worth a visit and like stepping back in time - cobbles streets, pretty houses and almost no traffic as the streets are so narrow. This means you can stroll around at your leisure. The rooms at the hotel are fresh and clean, each one different. Breakfast was continental style, but lots of it and loads of choice. If we were passing this way again, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cerris1
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the Real D’Obidos for 2 nights in April 2013 and we loved it! This place is a real gem. With just 15 double rooms and 2 suites, it has a very intimate feel. - it may be small, but it’s perfectly formed. If history, old buildings, character, charm and quality are your thing, this place is perfect. We’ve stayed in a number of Paradores and Pousadas in the past, and Hotel Real D’Obidos is similar and of the same quality. All the rooms are different (we stayed in room 205 which was lovely), and all are beautifully decorated. The public areas, including the halls and stair cases are adorned with chain mail garments, suits of armour, tapestries and the like, all in keeping with this type of building. There is a pool, on a terrace on the top floor, affording lovely views over the surrounding area. We stayed bed and breakfast, which was a self service buffet, with a wide range of items – everything you would expect from a continental breakfast and more – cereals, bread, unusual jams, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, local cakes & pastries, cheeses, ham, various juices, coffee, tea, plus bacon and eggs. Obidos itself is amazing and although a little off season when we visited we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It’s a little out of the way, so you will need a car but there is an underground secure car park at the Real D’Obidos too, so no parking worries. Our stay there was 1st class and I couldn’t fault anything! The staff were lovely too. All in all, we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great place to stay. wanderful rooms and tasty food. price is ok. we would recomanded for this hotel becouse it's unik attitude towrds gusts. rooms are large enough and well decoreted as like medieval style. staff also looks like workers in a castle and thay are all dressed up as well!
the location of the hotel is neerby the walls of the old city, and you can even look towrds the walls at night.

Room Tip: chack reviw of others before making resarvation
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple