“500 k trip”

Cycling Rentals & Tours
Ranked #2 of 7 Food & Drink in Sintra
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a guided or self guided day trip through beautiful Sintra or try our Hassle Free Bike Hire and equipment rental service anywhere in Spain or Portugal. We also offer bespoke self guided Cycling holidays and we are Camino Cycling Specialists offering a range of Camino tour packs and services to take you on your journey to Santiago.
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Hi all! Me and my friend had spent 10 days with the bikes in Central
Portugal and it was the best impression of the road race tour in my
life. Central Portugal is very good for the road bike - it has
plenty of small roads, fantastic views along seaside, eucalyptus forests
and low traffic even in August. Especially would I like to recommend
the area around Sintra, Cascais and Cabo da Roca as well as area
around Alcobaca, Nazare, S.Martinho do Porto which both appeared to be very popular
as race training places.
We had covered total distance of about 500 km in Portugal and this great trip was supported by
Cycling Rentals & Tours who gave us two excellent alu race bikes. Many
thanks to Martin, Didi, Catherine and all the staff of Cycling Rentals
who had totally supplied us with equipment, actual information and the best
mood for the challenge. 100% recommended!

2  Thank Aleks A
"clear instructions"
"local history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We organized a 4 days bike trip from Sintra to Coimbra. We picked up the bikes in their office in Sintra, Fernanda was really helpfull and the professional staff provided bikes that were like new.
A great experience, absolutelly recomended. If again in Portugal (by the way, great place to visit and where to bike, no busy roads and perfect climate, also in August) I will definetely rent bikes from them again.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I visited Sintra for the day and toured the city via the e-bikes at Cycling Rentals. The e-bikes make the very hilly city an easy climb for any rider and gave us great access to all of the beautiful sites. There are several different rental packages to choose from the and the owners are helpful and courteous. Anyone traveling to Sintra should do this as it's a great value and experience.

1  Thank mrjacobs34
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I had Martin as a guide, very knowledgeable and friendly. He took me to a few historical areas during the ride including an amazing hermitage, also brought me to an amazing seafood restaurant situated on the cliffs facing the ocean, I probably had the best fish there. We also went to the cobra da roca, which is the the most western point in europe. along the way we took back roads, trails. and singletrack and got amazing views of the country side.
I highly recomend this, the best way to see the sintra area, and get some adrenaline going along the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I spent a week in Estoril in the end of may 2012. Rented a bike from Cycling Rentals. Bike was delivered to the hotel the day before my arrival, so i was able to ride it just few hours after landing in Lisbon. Bike was good. Pickup was done after I left the hotel. The service was awesome, I m very happy. If go again, will do it with Cycling Rentals. To get out of Cascais is a bit cumbersome with traffic, etc., but once out, the scenery is superb, good pavement, not too many cars, some hills. Had good training. An example ride is here: http://sportaxy.com/community/event/19667

2  Thank Evgeny B