Almaa Sintra Hostel
Casa Miradouro(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$114
  • Restaurant
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$90
Pestana Hotel Group
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
Quinta das Murtas(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$105
US$652
US$621
US$300
US$243
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmagical placeamazing atmospherecommunal spacegreen placelarge kitchenstay foreverbig gardenbeautiful gardenown mealsenjoyed my staypeaceful staydefinitely stay here againgreat kitchenperfect settingshared bathroomquinta da regaleiraother guests
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I don't think there are enough superlatives in the English language to describe how much we loved this place. The sense of peace enveloped us as soon as we entered the building. It's easily the most characterful hostel we've ever stayed in, the decoration, the fittings, the furniture - all wonderfully done. Comfortable beds and a great night's sleep. Amazing gardens. Pavlov the dog is adorable. Just sorry we were only here for one night. We definitely hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

has you know, Sintra is an amazing place.
this hostel is in one of the hold posh farms, staying there was very pleasant.
I strongly recommend!
Even if you need any help, the staff there is fantastic!
(if you go there in the summer, ask Bernabé for the best surfing spots, even if you don't surf)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was one of the most incredible places I've been, where I lived last year in Portugal. The atmosphere is very cool and quiet environment. Although the location is not easy, the signs of Almaa through the city of Sintra is very good. It's almost impossible not to find the place.
I indicate much!
It was amazing to be there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I just have a wonderful time in Sintra, such a beatifull city, and Almaa was a great option, it is a little bit outside the city center, perfect for who like walking, and such a great landscape on the gardens and in all the surround.

Staff are nice and helpful!

Nice Place for Chill out, and also with a medieval Pub (working from Wednesday to Sunday I think)just beside with nice beer and Hidromel.

PS: Could be useful to have a small flashlight for the walking at night from the city center, there is a small part of the road with no lights, but the stars make it a lovely walking.

I will return for sure!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I absolutely loved Almaa Hostel. Just out side the village centre on a quiet country road. Beautiful views of the wider countryside. The hostel is an old building idiosyncratic in style and decor and will appeal to those who like something a bit different. Lovely garden for wandering a round and I had a swim in the amazing pool. The living area lovely for relaxing at night. The breakfast was comprised of cereals, crusty bread for toasting, cheese, jam, honey, selection of teas and coffee - perfect. I was there for four nights by myself and shared a five bed dorm. The atmosphere was relaxed and peaceful and friendly. The staff that I got talking to were really helpful and friendly.

The only down side was that the bedroom windows had to be closed at night in order to keep the mosquitoes out (and I still got bit) this left the room warm and stuffy - especially with five beds in the one room. It might be a good idea for the owners to put wire mesh over the window openings.

But I would still go back either way. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo