Hotel Tivoli Sintra
US$120
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Pool
US$353
US$311
  • Restaurant
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$107
Pestana Hotel Group
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,671 results
All reviewsvalley viewnational palaceexcellent locationunderground parkingreception staffnice balconyvery nice hotelcentral locationfantastic viewsmoorish castlethe main squareold townexcellent breakfastbeautiful placetrain stationtivolicentre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We stayed in Tivoli Sintra for one night as part of our 8 days trip to Portugal. As we prefer booking 4 to 5 stars hotels, my expectations should have been rather well "tuned" but still this hotel was able to disappoint me like not many before.

We had booked standard room with Valley view, which we kind of got the only problem being that the view was from a separate "living room" that was without air con and therefore impossible to use (due to +40 temperature in the room). The room was really worn out and the whole hotel outdated. In addition their non-smoking rooms had obviously been used as a smoking room, so the room was extremely musty. Service was vary basic as was the breakfast.

The positive sides were that the staff was able to provide us with another, real non-smoking room and that the location next to Sintra centre was good. In addition, they had free parking for hotel guests.

However, I would not recommend this for anyone who hopes to enter a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We booked this hotel due to the location of walking distance in to town. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and some of the reviews were not favorable. We did not have a bad experience. We requested a room far away from the bell tower. The hotel gave us the furthest corner room. We had spectacular views over looking the valley and hillside. We had sitting area with a couch, bathroom and bedroom. The room was comfortable, but if you are looking for 5 star quality of the room, this hotel is not for you. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The carpet and the room decor could be updated, but it was anything terrible. The best part was we could walk 2 blocks in be in the middle of the town. We did not eat at the hotel, but we suggest eating at Tulhas restaurant for dinner. The only concern, especially in the busy season, would be parking. There is free parking with limit spaces in front of the hotel or in their parking garage. Otherwise you would have to pay for parking. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel for several nights. The rooms are a bit dated but the hotel is well located in Sintra.
The breafast buffet was good and the view from the bar is excellent

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Our other choices were full on a Saturday evening so we went to the Tivoli despite our reservations having read the previous mixed reviews.I asked for a nice room, the manager said he had a very nice room: It stank of stale cigarette smoke, otherwise I suppose it was adequate but the bed was small, and not comfortable, and the furnishings dated and characterless.Bathroom was OK. The view over the valley was the only attraction.
We had an early breakfast in an empty dining room.An enormous spread was on display but there was nothing tasty to eat, the croissants and rolls were several days old, the cooked food included tinned mushrooms and greasy bacon.Tinned fruit was on offer, plus some fresh fruit.I was unable to drink the orange juice,which must have been the cheapest concentrate. I just went hungry, obviously the hotel just does not care.
The man at reception was quite helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

This one is a tough one for me because there are definitely a couple reasons to grade this hotel lower. I love this area and because of work have stayed at this hotel 7 or 8 times over the last 5 years. It’s very close to our office on Rio De Mouro so that made it convenient for work . Recently, I’ve been staying at the modern Sintra Pestana Golf down the mountain but this time I went with my wife and friends for the weekend after a business meeting. I’ll get some negative stuff out of the way; it’s not the most modern room, it probably needs some remodeling, it may be a little musty but to me, it’s the best way to visit this area. You can get anywhere from here by car or bus. It’s a throwback hotel in my mind, but it does have the modern amenities. The bathroom is exceptional with a powerful showerhead and very clean. The views are spectacular and the rooms just put you in the midst of the old town centre. You’re hung out over the town and the view the foothills as the run down to the sea. You can hear the church bells at open the windows to let in the mountain breeze. You might have to if the air conditioner isn’t putting out enough cold air as sometimes happens in European hotels. That just makes it more authentic. The breakfast buffet in the morning is phenomenal, you’ll not find better fresh fruit, breads meats, or cheese anywhere. The scrambled eggs are probably too runny but I have them anyway with cheese added. The bar overhangs the valley and you can see the coast all the way to Ericera.(maybe). A beer is only €2.50 as you sit there soaking it all in. Sit there in the evening waiting for dinner and ask the bartender about Benfica or Sporting Futbol clubs. If it weren’t for the flat screen TV, you’d swear it was anywhere from 1950—1970. It has that kind of old world charm and the staff fits in with that. Look I’m a US hotel kind of a guy when traveling in the US but in Europe, this is really what I prefer. Sure I’ll stay in the Hilton at the airport to go back home, but while I’m there I want to be in the thick of it. If you’re like that stay here, if not stay down at the Pestana.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends