“best stay of our entire Portugal trip”
Review of Casa Miradouro

Casa Miradouro
Ranked #8 of 41 Sintra B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“best stay of our entire Portugal trip”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We spent two weeks in Portugal last fall, spending time in Lisboa, Sintra, & Cascais. Portugal is a lovely country with wonderful people, and we couldn't have had a better vacation.
Sintra was, however, the highlight of our trip, and the three nights we stayed in Casa Mirodouro were absolute heaven!!
The house was bright and airy, the breakfast room was just beautiful, and the back garden was a lovely place to spend an evening enjoying the bottle of port we bought in town.
Our room was simply perfect. Sunlit, airy, spotlessly clean, and with a beautiful & *incredibly* comfortable four poster bed with luxurious linens. I can't stress enough how fabulous this bed was! I thought our bed at home was outstanding until I spent time in the Casa's!!
Our bathroom was spotless, spacious, and modern. The shower was a vacation unto itself.
...and then, of course, our balcony overlooking the valley behind the house was exceptional...
All of this plus the sweetest, nicest, most helpful girls that worked there. I think the were three of them (I'm forgetting because it was a year ago now...there may have only been two). They gave exceptionally outstanding service. They remembered that I'm vegetarian and had our favorites and dislikes down to a tee; we never wanted for anything at all and they anticipated our wants and needs perfectly.
Like the bed, I *cannot* overstate the impeccable service.

I know I used a lot of superlatives in this review, but they are all well deserved. I'm fortunate to be a frequent leisure traveler, and have stayed in some very nice places indeed...and I would rate Casa Mirodouro as easily as good an experience as I've ever had. Truly a five star establishment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2012

After traveling from london to paris, what a pleasant suprise it was to arrive at Casa Miradouro in the beautiful town of Sintra. I arrived in the evening where I was greeted by Charlotte who was very friendly and knowledgable about the town of Sintra and the surrounding beach towns. I had a pleasant sleep in my room and woke up to the most spectacular views and amazing smells from the beautiful breakfast buffet. I ate breakfast on the outside patio where Joy and the staff were most gracious and offered me eggs any style, coffee in a french press, and gluten free bread(i am allergic to wheat.) After eating the best breakfast I had eaten in days, I got an early start to see all Sintra had to offer. Wear a good pair of walking shoes. Sintra is hilly and to get to the bus station and train station you will need to walk at least ten to fifteen minutes. However, there are so many sights to see you will forget you are walking. Bus 434 stop is right in town next to the post office and it costs 5 euro to take it up to Pena Palace and the Moorish Castle which are must sees in Sintra. Words cannot explain the beauty of those two places. There is also the Toy Museum and Palacio National de Sintra. After exploring all that Sintra had to offer, it was so relaxing to end my day at Casa Miradouro. It is a little out of the way of all the heavily traveled tourists spots so you can relax on the lawn or in the sitting rooms where there is a fully stocked self service bar and chessboard. It was difficult for me to leave Casa Miradouro after only three days and I cannot wait to go back. Charlotte called for a taxi to pick me up early that morning to take me back to the Lisbon airport which is also accessible by train. She was so gracious!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I recently stayed at Casa Miradouro in early August for 3 nights and I really enjoyed my stay there. I had a basic twin room and it was super clean. The room was very charming! (although the small twin bed wasn't the most comfortable really) I went there alone and I was worried at first, but it was the perfect place for me, as I felt super safe and was thrilled with the close location to historical Sintra. It is a tough uphill walk to the centre but I enjoyed the exercise. It takes just under 10 minutes walking to the main area. I loved also how quiet the B&B was so after a day touring around, I liked going back to the B&B and relaxing in the common areas. I did have breakfast there as well and if you are a normal eater than it's worth it because you get fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, eggs, cold cuts, breads, pastries, etc. I am not a big eater, so I could have just gone into town and had a pastry for 1.50 Euros instead. However, 10 euros is still a great deal to have breakfast there. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This slightly out of the way B & B was charming and beautiful, just like Charlotte & Joy, who greeted us at the door with a welcoming glass of port. There are so many tasteful touches. We had the top balcony room with a view of the Palace on the hill. We don't usually opt for the breakfast and prefer to explore but we did here, and we weren't disappointed - eggs cooked to order and served on the terrace or inside, with other typical Portuguese items. It is only a short walk into town, but it is all uphill and very steep! This wasn't a problem at all but it might be if you have any physical issues. Parking is on the street but close by. They were all very helpful and knowlegeable about Sintra and all of Portugal really! ( No elevator but staff was willing to assist with bags if needed). Stay here, you will love it!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony or attic room with a view - very high up.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Casa Miradouro is truely a lovely B&B that one should opt to stay in Sintra. Nicely sitted on a hillside, it offers a great view of Sintra valley and beyond. We were checked into an attic (a pleasant surprise for us) where the room is real cozy and comfortably setup with ample space for one to chill while enjoying the view out of the window. The B&B has been thoughtful in providing a nespresso coffee machine with wide selection of coffee capsule and homemade local pastry to be self served all day long which is really delighting. The breakfast served in the morning was superb with a considerably wide spread for such a small scale of lodging. We really love the stay at Casa Miradouro and would highly recommend to anyone to stay here!! Great job Casa Miraduoro!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 August 2012

All aspects of the accommodations were as wonderful as expected. The facilities are well maintained, the staff is excellent, the breakfast is nicely prepared and served either inside or out, the views are some of the best in Sintra, the location is out of the main stream of Sintra activity which is great for relaxation at the end of the day, and Charlotte's recommendations are very helpful. Visiting in August, we really enjoyed being able to sleep with the large windows open for the fresh air cooled by the Atlantic Ocean which can be seen in the distance.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better views than others. Room 4 is one of the best!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Luxurious boutique B&B - beautfully decorated with lots of original features and a nice mix of modern and older style furniture. Large, airy, clean rooms with sitting areas. Great breakfast, honesty bar and coffee available all day. Comfortable and welcoming communal areas with classical music playing and free wifi. Quiet location just a 5 minute walk from the centre of Sintra. Friendly and helpful owner/manager and staff (fluent in English). Highly recommended.