“Second time around...another great stay!”
Review of Casa Miradouro

Casa Miradouro
Ranked #6 of 39 Sintra B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Second time around...another great stay!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Two years ago I stayed with my boyfriend at this lovely place. 2 years and a toddler later we stayed here again. Once more we enjoyed our stay. The house and rooms are beautiful, breakfast is a delight, and the staff very helpful and always friendly.
On New Year's eve the hostess even invited us and all other guests to some bubbles and fingerfood which was lovely and made us feel like home.
Sintra remains a treasure and surprises me over and over again. I can highly recommend to go and visit the city when in Portugal. And when in doubt where to stay...choose Casa Miradouro!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very welcoming, beautifully furnished rooms in an old house with great views and an excellent breakfast. As it was just before Christmas, there were also lovely Christmas decorations throughout the public lounge and the bedrooms. Only drawback to be aware of is that it's a longish and very uphill walk up to the town centre. I would certainly choose to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
Reviewed 2 January 2013

A beautifully restored 19th century manor house, with just 8 rooms and very elegant and confy living rooms. A full bar and Nespresso coffee machines so that you can help yourself.
Although the house is in a very quiet lane, you are really close to Sintra's town centre (walk up the lane and you will find yourself in Palácio Real). The lane is a bit steep - but so is all of Sintra.
For those who prefer small charming hotels, where you can feel at home - this is the place. Small and cosy but with all that you need.
The breakfast room is lovely.
The view is beautiful.

Travelling with a one year old child is sometimes difficult - You need access to a kitchen (fridge & microwave oven) - something that is not easy in a big hotel. Or else you have to pay extra for a suite with a kitchenette. They gave me access to the kitchen for these baby issues.

Imagine this was a chain hotel (thank God it's not): I would stay in this chain wherever I'd travel in the world.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights here after 4 busy days sight seeing in Lisbon. This place was absolutely delightful. Charlotte, the host, made us feel instantly welcome, offering good tips on the best non-touristy restaurants, and how to get around the town - with a welcoming glass of port each!

The room was beautiful - spacious, comfortable, luxurious with wonderful views across the hills.

Breakfast (served out on the patio) was excellent.

We enjoyed the place so much we spent half of our time in Sintra just relaxing in the hotel itself!

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanW_Ealing
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We spent two weeks in Portugal last fall, spending time in Lisboa, Sintra, & Cascais. Portugal is a lovely country with wonderful people, and we couldn't have had a better vacation.
Sintra was, however, the highlight of our trip, and the three nights we stayed in Casa Mirodouro were absolute heaven!!
The house was bright and airy, the breakfast room was just beautiful, and the back garden was a lovely place to spend an evening enjoying the bottle of port we bought in town.
Our room was simply perfect. Sunlit, airy, spotlessly clean, and with a beautiful & *incredibly* comfortable four poster bed with luxurious linens. I can't stress enough how fabulous this bed was! I thought our bed at home was outstanding until I spent time in the Casa's!!
Our bathroom was spotless, spacious, and modern. The shower was a vacation unto itself.
...and then, of course, our balcony overlooking the valley behind the house was exceptional...
All of this plus the sweetest, nicest, most helpful girls that worked there. I think the were three of them (I'm forgetting because it was a year ago now...there may have only been two). They gave exceptionally outstanding service. They remembered that I'm vegetarian and had our favorites and dislikes down to a tee; we never wanted for anything at all and they anticipated our wants and needs perfectly.
Like the bed, I *cannot* overstate the impeccable service.

I know I used a lot of superlatives in this review, but they are all well deserved. I'm fortunate to be a frequent leisure traveler, and have stayed in some very nice places indeed...and I would rate Casa Mirodouro as easily as good an experience as I've ever had. Truly a five star establishment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2012

After traveling from london to paris, what a pleasant suprise it was to arrive at Casa Miradouro in the beautiful town of Sintra. I arrived in the evening where I was greeted by Charlotte who was very friendly and knowledgable about the town of Sintra and the surrounding beach towns. I had a pleasant sleep in my room and woke up to the most spectacular views and amazing smells from the beautiful breakfast buffet. I ate breakfast on the outside patio where Joy and the staff were most gracious and offered me eggs any style, coffee in a french press, and gluten free bread(i am allergic to wheat.) After eating the best breakfast I had eaten in days, I got an early start to see all Sintra had to offer. Wear a good pair of walking shoes. Sintra is hilly and to get to the bus station and train station you will need to walk at least ten to fifteen minutes. However, there are so many sights to see you will forget you are walking. Bus 434 stop is right in town next to the post office and it costs 5 euro to take it up to Pena Palace and the Moorish Castle which are must sees in Sintra. Words cannot explain the beauty of those two places. There is also the Toy Museum and Palacio National de Sintra. After exploring all that Sintra had to offer, it was so relaxing to end my day at Casa Miradouro. It is a little out of the way of all the heavily traveled tourists spots so you can relax on the lawn or in the sitting rooms where there is a fully stocked self service bar and chessboard. It was difficult for me to leave Casa Miradouro after only three days and I cannot wait to go back. Charlotte called for a taxi to pick me up early that morning to take me back to the Lisbon airport which is also accessible by train. She was so gracious!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I recently stayed at Casa Miradouro in early August for 3 nights and I really enjoyed my stay there. I had a basic twin room and it was super clean. The room was very charming! (although the small twin bed wasn't the most comfortable really) I went there alone and I was worried at first, but it was the perfect place for me, as I felt super safe and was thrilled with the close location to historical Sintra. It is a tough uphill walk to the centre but I enjoyed the exercise. It takes just under 10 minutes walking to the main area. I loved also how quiet the B&B was so after a day touring around, I liked going back to the B&B and relaxing in the common areas. I did have breakfast there as well and if you are a normal eater than it's worth it because you get fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, eggs, cold cuts, breads, pastries, etc. I am not a big eater, so I could have just gone into town and had a pastry for 1.50 Euros instead. However, 10 euros is still a great deal to have breakfast there. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo