Casa Miradouro
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bsteep hillhonor barno elevatorbathroom floorbeautiful roomfollowing morningquiet areabeautiful housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousold housecomfortable roomscommon areastrain stationvisit sintrapublic rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We would like to live here. Very tasteful decor and fittings in a stylishly modernised old house. Master suite 4 not really a suite but a decent sized high-ceilinged room with large bed, antique wardrobe plus 2 comfy chairs & table by the balcony. Working shutters a nice touch. Sun in the evening and long distance views. Bathroom modern -shower only. Three types of pillow.
Free communal Nespresso but espresso cups & caffeinated can run out at busy times - tea lovers can get large cups and use kettle in the kitchen. Hotel provides small water daily and a communal bottle of water in the honesty bar. Not bad prices - Coke €2, port €2-3, bottles of wine available €12 upwards.
Beautiful large lounges better than those of many grander hotels - useful as too cold for the garden in mid-April. Cold breakfast buffet plus eggs cooked to order- all very high quality products. Kindest and most helpful staff in Portugal.
Location 8-10 minutes up very steephill to Palacio Real and buses for other palaces - quite a distance from the part of the town by the train station but taxi €5-6 to and from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The drive from the station down to the Casa Miradouro was a short one but offering a nice taste of what Sintra and the surroundings has to offer... arriving at Casa Miradouro itself was like a homecoming. The friendlyness of the the staff... the warm welcome as well as the amazing views... somehow it felt as coming home even for a first time (business) visitor...

The place (and I dont want to refer to it as hotel because it doesnt feel as I was a guest but I rather felt like part of the whole setting..) is amazing... I enjoyed a comfortable room, exquisite bathroom with (5* amenities).... I slept late but the staff was more than ready to accomodate to my late wake-up to provide me with breakfast and a good strong coffee...

I had the chance to stay their also for the night and Charlotte arranged a space at a very nice restaurant answerring exactly to my likings.... some people should stay away from the hospitality business and rare few are simply born for it... Charlotte and her staff definitely belong to the latter!

I stayed there after missing my connecting flight and Charlotte and her husband went out of their ways to get me the next best option to fly out again...only wished they hadn't done their best that much because I felt I was leaving Casa Miradouro too early... surely I will come back here!!

Thanks again!

Geoffrey

Room Tip: I unfortunately was offered the choice of rooms... couldnt quite choose myself so it did take me a while to make a choice... they all looked great!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed at the Casa Miradouro for 2 nights in February 2013. It is a short and cheap taxi journey from the train station in Sintra.

The whole of Sintra is easy on the eye, but this place is just beautiful from the outside and only improves when you enter it. The furnishings are classy and comfortable, a very relaxing environment, the room we had was very comfortable clean and very well decorated.

Plenty to eat at breakfast all freshly made and tasty, though not the supply of pastries on show that you get in Lisbon.

The staff were very helpful, their English was excellent and helped save us plenty of time and money in Sintra with their advice.

If you are considering going to Sintra do not just do a day visit, it is simply amazing stay overninght at this place it will not dissapoint.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Our wedding was in Sintra. All our guests are housed in the Casa Miradouro. The atmosphere was really at home. Large villa with all our friends. Beautiful furniture in the spirit of fairy Sintra, great view from any window! The staff is very helpful and responsive.
Charlotte even recommended me hairdresser for the bridal hairstyle.
The only remark - in winter in a damp Sintra the house should be heated better. Guests can easily catch a cold in a cold damp home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElenaAS03022013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Absolutely charming. No TV and that is what you want in a place like this... It allows you to focus on the beautiful scenery that you can enjoy from the nice terrasse...We were welcomed with a glass of Porto and the Bar in the living room of the Casa is open and operates on the "honour system"... This to me is a simple example of trust and good manners. Breakfast was served later than my morning engagements (combining work and pleasure), but the staff adjusted to my schedule... and the food was perfect. PP Beland, Canada

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple