“Whatever you do, ...”

Ranked #32 of 278 Restaurants in Sintra
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

... do not take the gratinated salmon! This dish is so strange we couldn't believe it. It is small portion of salmon (< 100 grams), some shrimp and a gooey something made from a strange sauce and mashed potatoes. This mixture is finally drowned in melted, chewy cheese. Please, do not take this food. It is not worth the money.

Other food on neighbor tables looked better.

2  Thank drscheme

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I went there with my family on a Wednesday evening. The were only 4 or 5 occupied tables, so the place was rather empty. I admit it was mid week, but this being the second half of August I expected it to be more lively. The other guests were all tourists like us, which is never a good sign. The terrace outside is nice enough and the service was good an friendly. As one of the previous reviews mentions, you need to be quick to refuse any unwanted appetisers, as they pile them up very quickly. The real disappointment was the food. We ordered two different fish dishes and both were smothered in tick cheesy sauce. The fish didn't taste fresh and the whole dish seemed per-prepared and just warmed up. We also ordered two entrecôte steaks. One was to be done medium and was OK, the other one was ordered medium rare and came out raw. We had to send it back to be cooked some more, which they did with no fuss. The steaks came with chips and spinach. The chips were OK but the spinach was a watery mush and it seemed to have come from a frozen bag, just warmed up prior to serving. Altogether, a disappointing meal. They should look for a chef that can cook simple things well and not use pre-cooked ingredients!

1  Thank calvin40
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I went to my husband to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary lured by the romantic atmosphere and the international cuisine menu. We couldn't be more wrong. For starters the waitress( the service I have to say was really good) filled our table with appetizers that we couldn't help but notice, came from the next table after being rejected by its occupants...needless to say we didn't even try them. My husband ordered an onion soup; it was thickened with flour which gave it a terrible texture and a worse flavor; for seconds he had a portuguese dish made with pork and potatoes in the oven which was so greasy that him, that always eats everything, left more than half. On my end I ordered a lasagna, which was risky I admit; but I couldn't even eat it it was so badly done: the sauce looked like from a can and tasted really foul and the pasta...I won't even called it pasta. It came with a salad that was simple, just lettuce and tomato, but with so much oil that I didn't finished it. To top it all even the wine was mediocre; hard feat if you know that in Portugal wine is almost always pretty good. We run from the place without dessert and we really felt bad paying the very high price of this terrible meal.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Entrecôtes are superb, as are most of the dishes available (you should try the "sapateira" - wow. Very friendly and professional service - the guests always feel welcome. This is one of the Restaurants that maintains high standards of quality - food/service - over the years.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Lovely lunch in a charming Portuguese restaurant. The baked salmon dish is delicious. Service was very good and I felt I had a true taste of Portugal. I hope to return someday.