“Good food by the market in Sintra”

Cantinho de Sao Pedro
Ranked #31 of 279 Restaurants in Sintra
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by our driver on a Sunday visit to Sintra. After walking through the buzzing market, we had a delicious meal, with very generous portions. I am not a meat eater, but my fish was grilled to perfection. The goat dish was delicious according to the meat eaters in my group and is only served on weekends. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit if you are in the beautiful picturesque area of Sintra. The food and service are excellent as are the wines. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

On the platos de dia, my husband had the cod fish gratin and I had the veal steak in a cream sauce. The steak had a good flavor but a lot of gristle. The steak was cooked perfectly for me (medium rare). The cod was very strong, but good. The atmosphere was enhanced by the families with young children and their interaction with the staff. It seemed like the kind of place you could sit and talk and drink all day. The service was good. The price for these two plates with the bread/olives/cheese was 42 Euros. A little high in my opinion.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have chosen to eat here cause its on the way from Sintra to Lisboa. I think its impossible to be disappointed with this restaurant if you are ordering platos de dia - meals of the day. I had lombo de porco con castanhes - amazing pork in chestnut sauce and with chestnuts themselves served with fries, and my husband had crepes filed with crab with rice served with tomato sauce. We were enjoying every bite of it, it waas literally melting on our tongues. With crab dish we were adviced to try the vinho verde - Muralhas de Moncao, it was simply amazing. We visited on friday 6th december and apart from us there were two local families eating there which is in my opinion always the best recommendation.
Also its very romantic since there is a fireplace there by which u can sit:)

Reviewed 9 September 2013

... do not take the gratinated salmon! This dish is so strange we couldn't believe it. It is small portion of salmon (< 100 grams), some shrimp and a gooey something made from a strange sauce and mashed potatoes. This mixture is finally drowned in melted, chewy cheese. Please, do not take this food. It is not worth the money.

Other food on neighbor tables looked better.

2  Thank drscheme