“Pleasant place, pleasant owner”
Review of Hotel Nova Sintra

and 1 more site!
Hotel Nova Sintra
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sintra
Rhineland-Palatinate
“Pleasant place, pleasant owner”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at this homey, comfy place for just one night, but the pleasant owner went to great lengths to make me feel welcome. He went out of his way to help me with parking, help me with all things touristy. One especially nice surprise was the owner's welcome drink--I cannot remember if any hotel has ever offered a welcome drink.

The room was nicely decorated, simple and clean. Breakfast next morning was plenty--I would go back any time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Pardes Hanna Karkur, Israel
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Beautiful hotel with great view of the city and castle, the staff are amazing! great conversation people and very helpful in any way possible. the room had a great view and all I could ask for. Would definitely come back again

Room Tip: take the room with the terrace view
1 Thank Yuvalinbar
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great location, close to the train station and short stroll to the historical centre of Sintra. That alone makes it a great choice, but the service provided by the staff was excellent, the rooms very clean and a very nice breakfast included. I felt very welcome at this hotel!!

2 Thank Ren082
Stevoort, Belgium
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Excellent choice. A few steps from the station, close to everything and yet quiet. Although a friend and I booked separate rooms for only one night, we got a large, very comfortable and clean room. Breakfast was really good, service friendly. Mr. Rui helped us to an excellent and cheap Portuguese restaurant Dom Pipas. What impressed me also, was the cosy charming house, cute breakfast room, wonderful terrace. I'd definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel strongly.

Room Tip: I was on first floor, room nr. 11, front. No noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank girassol10
algarve
Reviewed 25 January 2012

A friend and I stayed one night here at the end of January and we were delighted with our choice of this hotel. It is clear that this hotel matters to the owners and staff and even though we stayed in the middle of the low season, everything was up to standard. The location is excellent for anyone visiting Sintra by train and we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel, after check out, collecting them late in the afternoon, just before jumping on the train. It is about 20 minutes walk to the historical centre of Sintra and near to the bus stop for Quinta da Pena and the Castelo dos Mouros.
The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good. The real bonus was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We enjoyed their restaurant recommendation.
For people visiting at warmer times of the year, there is a lovely outdoor seating area.
Overall, good value for money and a place I would certainly retirn to.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary c
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Service was exceptional! Everybody make our stay the best as possible. Probably among the best places I had stayed. The place looks like a cozy big house. Room was not big, but comfortable with nice view of the hills of the town. Breakfast was good and sufficient (self-serve style), but expect a local type breakfast. The hotel is located just outside the town, very close to the train station and few minutes’ walk to the center; making it a very convenient located place to stay. If I go back to Sintra, I won’t think twice and stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LORMS
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Shortly after making my reservation here I was contacted by the manager and advised that the terrace was undergoing renovation and I would be able to cancel my reservation if this would be a problem.
Very glad I didn't cancel- This place was beautiful. The room was large and very clean.
The staff was extremely helpful, and had lots of great tips (restaurants etc) handing me maps of the town.
The hotel location is great- very near to the train station, and a nice walk to town.
On departure they kept my luggage as I took one last walk thru town. I returned to the manager offering me a few glasses of wine before my trip.

Loved this place