“Treated me as if family!”
Review of Hotel Nova Sintra

and 1 more site!
Hotel Nova Sintra
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sintra
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Best hotel ever! Treated me as if I was family as a line female traveller I couldn't have felt more safe , comfortable and relaxed.
I had an early flight to catch to fly home. Mr. Rui Bernardo was such gentleman, he arranged my taxi pick up to airport and even phoned the cab driver to make certain that I was picked and on the way to catch my plane.
I would recommend highly and definitely come back with my family and friends.
Thank you! Nova Sintra for making my stay in Sintra a memorable experience!

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nova Sintra

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Location is good. (less than 10 minutes walk from the Sintra station)
Hotel staff is very helpful, kind and friendly.
Well maintained small heart warming hotel.
I recommend stay in Sintra a couple of days if it's possible, because there are many places to visit. It is not enough to see in oneday. And you must stay Hotel Nove Sintra.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Nova Sintra is in an excellent location. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to help and we had a view of the castle from our window. There is no front door on the road level, just some stairs with a sign over them so you need to look for it but it is worth finding.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Spent a few days here on holiday with friends. This was a very well priced accommodation option in a rather pricey town. Staff could not have been friendlier or more obliging. Served a tasty continental breakfast and my room had stunning views of the mountains. Hope to be back someday.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 4 January 2014

First of all, not everyone expects the same of an accommodation. Meaning, if I like something, it doesn’t mean that you (the reader) will also like this hotel.

We chose this hotel, because it was centrally located, but not in the smack middle of all the rowdy tourists, and because it was not too expensive.
(However, you have to remember that you are in Sintra here – some things may appear as a rip-off…)

For us, important are:
5. “Design”
6. Breakfast / restaurant

1. Location:
Close to the train station – around 2 minutes walking
Close to historical part of Sintra (with Palacio Nacional etc.) – about 12 min walking
Walking distance to some excellent restaurants (ask the staff for recommendations!)
Easily accessible by car, too.
2. Service:
I expect friendliness, efficiency and help, when we need it.
Nova Sintra excels at Portuguese hospitality:
You get the feeling, the staff just wants to help and please you wherever possible!
3. Cleanliness:
As any reputable accommodation.
Not more – not less.
4. Room / Quiet room:
Our purpose for a hotel room is to stay and SLEEP in it. I am waking at the tiniest bit of noise.
Of course, you never can guarantee not to have rowdy hotel guests that spoil it all for you. But street noise and such is something that you can avoid.
Upon booking, we asked for a quiet room. We were given room number 11.
A nice, light-filled room with a view of the Moorish Castle on the hill.

5. Design:
I am not a fan of hypermodern everything. I want my amenities, but prefer some kind of charme.
This hotel is got it! Our room appeared efficient and cosy/stylish at the same time.
6. Breakfast:
We are not really “breakfast people”…
I, personally, did not really like the self-service coffee machine (all of the ready mixed coffee drinks on push of a single button are way too sweet for me) – but upon asking we got regular coffee from the kitchen. Choice of tea was excellent!
Nova Sintra offers Portuguese style buffet breakfast.
Some breads, eggs, sausages, muesli, cheese, tomato, ham – the basics, not more – not less.

For more details check out the hotel’s website: http://www.novasintra.com

To some of the earlier reviewers a message:
This is NOT a first class, international hotel. Also, remember the reasonable price here.
While you might not get absolutely perfect, first class for cheap (as many seem to expect), you are getting honest hospitality and sort of old world charme.

Two downsides I must mention:
1. I cannot recommend this hotel for disabled travelers – you have to climb small, steep staircases up to the hotel entrance and also to your room.
2. Since the hotel only has public on-street-parking, parking CAN be a problem. The owner very well knows about it and is constantly in communication with the city administration of Sintra. I am only telling you this, because I believe it is important for the traveler to know, that some of the problems you may encounter in Sintra are not a choice of hotel owners or restaurants, but rather of the city fathers of Sintra. (They know that the town is swamped with tourists, but they seem not to care…)
However, we never had a real problem to find free parking – maybe we circled the block twice, but we always got something.

Bottom line:
This is a small, family style hotel that also in style and amenities represents Portugal.
It has a beautiful terrace on which you may want to sit and have coffee – or simply enjoy the sun and the view.
We really enjoyed this hotel! It was OUR perfect stay in Sintra, and we already look forward to coming back!

Thanks to the ENTIRE staff at the hotel to really make us feel welcome and well cared for!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank familynomad
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Sensational 2 day stay where you come as a guest and leave feeling very cared for! Sintra is beautiful and from the hotels terrace you can watch the castles come alight at night time. Perfect for discovering Lisbon without the hassles of being in a city as it is a E4.80 train trip right into the heart of Lisbon city and the station is an easy walk from the hotel. Breakfast was great and it was nice to have some cooked eggs and sausages with fresh fruit. Rui the owner was amazing, and his kindness made our stay the best in Portugal. If you want somewhere that is in a beautiful town with easy close parking and accommodation that is warm and welcoming you won't be disappointed with Nova Sintra.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrisvegasKerry
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at Nova Sintra and had all the amenities that I needed. Its a good value and a good location as well. The best part though is the staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and accommodate your needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo