“Fantastic location and value”
other travellers have booked this property
Studio Balcony sea view
Loby
Patio
Golf
Diving in Madeira Island
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Portuguese first
Any
Steph M
“Fantastic location and value ”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Vila Toca is in a fantastic location, a stone throw away from the hotel zone in which you would pay near 3x the price. A short walk to Funchal centre one way and a short walk to the lido the other way.

We got the aeroporto bus straight after our flight from directly outside the terminal this was very cheap (€8) and easy, the bus stops less than 5 minutes away from the hotel.
The road is extremely steep on the way to the hotel- and i wouldn’t recommend it to the elderly or anyone who would struggle going uphill. I do believe you can catch a bus into the centre from outside the hotel instead though

I was extremely impressed by Vila Toca, the facilities are brilliant, the bed was large and comfy, and a huge shower. The room all came with a lovely sea view balcony. When arriving, you will find the key in the apartment door, we just left it the same way when leaving again.
A lot of reviews have said about the road noise however because of we was expecting to be a lot worse then what it really was, you are very close to the capital and the hotel is on a main road. Considering this the road noise really wasn’t that bad, we could barely hear anything when the doors were closed. Other reviews have also mentioned Aircon, it is common for Madeira hotels not to have aircon, instead we had a fan which worked perfectly well, and kept this on during the hot nights.
We did have a small problem with ants, however, it is a self-catering apartment and the temperatures are high and humid so around food or drink this cannot be helped, we simply kept an eye and kept any food or drink tied up in bags.

The little pool outside was brilliant, good size to just cool down and relax.

Overall, Vila Toca is extremely good value, would very highly recommend.

30 Oct 2017
Thank you very much for the stay and review !

Best Regards,

Bruno Sousa
Manager
robertwE7...
“Ants”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We were disappointed with our stay at Villa Toca. Our room was on the ground floor with a view of the back wall of the swimming pool, no balcony or sea view. The main problem was an infestation of ants. They marched across the wall of our room, over the crockery, cooker, work surface and into the microwave. We asked to be moved (we were there for 15 days) but apparently this wasn't possible. Although there was a high turnover of guests.

18 Apr 2017
Hello Robert, Thank you for your stay and review. The studio that you did reserved is the standard studio without balcony with sea view. This room as access to the patio, and in fact there was some ants in the flowers that we know identify and are now in treatment (we appologise for that !). We could not move you because we were completely full since February/2017.
LondonLid...
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 5 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I was very lucky I found and booked Vila Toca in Funchal. I booked directly with Bruno and this worked out very well for me. The communication with him was excellent as I emailed him back and forth with lots of questions and he always replied and was very patient. I booked two balcony sea view rooms, one for 8 nights and another for my cousin for 3 nights. The location is perfect for visiting the island, very close to cafes and supermarkets. The cleaning is impeccable. The facilities are also of a good standard, everything worked. You can walk to the forum madeira shopping mall in about 40 minutes, it is a lovely walk as you have the view of the sea on your left. You can walk down to the old town in about 20 minutes. There are lots of places nearby where you can book on to an island tour and for advice on visiting the island. Thank you Bruno, I was very happy with my stay and would highly recommend Vila Toca to others. Great value for money.

6 Apr 2017
Thank you very much Milie ! I am glad you enjoy your stay at Vila Toca
Andrew R
Cumbria
“A Gem Place”
Reviewed 4 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Just stayed at the Vila Toca in Funchal . The studio's are very clean and maintained to a very high standard . The maid (sorry I forgot her name ) keeps the room's and the whole Vila spotless . Huge very comfy bed , good size shower and a decent balcony .
The property is up a short but steepish hill and is close to a good range of restaurant's . The old town is about 10 minute walk away .
We came here for a walking holiday and the Vila Toca was the perfect base for us . Well done Vila Toca .

Lapun
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Find”
Reviewed 24 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My wife was hospitalised in Funchal and I needed accommodation close to the island's hospital. Little did I know when I found Vila Tor what a gem I had found.
The unit was ideal for what I needed, a larger than normal hotel room with kitchenette and balcony overlooking the pool.
Maria, who looks after the property, was wonderful. She helped me out and when my wife was discharged from hospital did all the washing and folded it beautifully.
The room was spotlessly clean.
There are supermarkets, bakeries and restaurants only ten minutes walk from the apartment.

Andrew J
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Affordable luxury”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Friendly welcome. Good location, about 15 minutes walk to the centre. Spacious room with a huge, comfortable bed, balcony, small kitchen and stylish bathroom.Room not cleaned each day. Not a problem for a short stay but maybe an issue for a longer stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
“super clean, great location and balcony just right”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

the apartment is Ideal. It is a very new and very clean. Kitchenette just right. Balcony and view great. Perfect apartment for two. Definitely recommend.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;