We stayed here for a week. THe room was large with loads of space. The room had a seaview with table and chairs on the balcony. There was complimentary tea and coffee. The buffet breakfast was out of this world. With choices to suit everyone. There was a choice to have breakfast on the terrace or inside. There were a number of areas for people to sunbathe. The pool was clean and more than an enough sunbeds for everyone. And sunbeds were available anytime through the day. There were also sufficient poolside towels. We dined at the evening buffet one night price which included a bottle of wine. It was very good and again with a great selection of foods. The hotel was kept immaculate. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
It is very quiet and if you are after a full on night of partying this is not the hotel for you. Alternatively if you want quietness ,good food and service then go no further. The hotel does lay on entertainment at night but so few attend it must be embarrasiung for the performers who do their best.
We would stay here again. There is a walk to the next village Camera de Lobos which will work up an appetite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal