We have just returned rfom this hotel. Lovely place and very well presented. On my first look around in the early afternoon I was mortified to find the outdoor pool was empty. It was being given a makeover and all retiled / or grouted. Sorry not sure which. I was very sad as I love swimming. However the reason I booked here was the fact that they have an indoor pool. Which I have to say was very a pleasant temperature. Then the following morning the water started to fill the new clean pool. that was freezing, I did go in twice.
I also have to mention that I had unfortunately had an accident a week before I travelled and was unable to sleep easily. My dilemma was sorted by Catarina, a lovely young lady working on the front of house on the reception. With more bedding and feeling more comfortable I was much better. I would stay again no hesitation, very easy to find places to eat, and to take a walk and explore. Breakfast was fine and many choices. Plenty of places to sit and enjoy a drink, read a book and relax. My only tip is if you book a side sea view, and like the evening sun then ask for the side over the car park I think. We had the morning sun but wished I had remembered the sunny side. Enjoy it if you decide to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal