This hotel is a modern contemporary hotel located in the Lido area of Funchal which is around a 20/30 minute walk to the centre of Funchal. The hotel offers garden/side sea view rooms both offer a sea view to one degree or another, if your looking for a room with sunshine on the balcony for the majority of the day then you will need to book an ocean view/superior ocean view or suite as these are all located facing the ocean and benefit from sunshine on the balconies from early till late. If you like sun in the balcony I suggest you request an even numbered room as these are located over looking the street but get the sun from late morning/early afternoon.
It is worth knowing that subject to availability you can upgrade from a garden/side sea view to ocean view for 25€ or 50€ for a superior sea view room. The latter offers a bigger room a bathroom with a separate shower and a large balcony with sun beds and umbrella included worth the money if you can afford it.
Overall the hotel staff are friendly and helpful and an added bonus if you book your room directly on the melia.com web site you get a 15€ credit to spend on food or drink each day of your stay. The breakfast buffet though not the biggest choice we have experienced does have a good choice of both hot and cold food and the added benefit of sparkling wine so you can enjoy a Buck's Fizz with breakfast each morning .....a very nice treat whilst on holiday!
As we only booked B & B we did eat in the Il maestro a la carte restaurant on 2 evenings and the food quality was first class and represented good value for money. There are plenty of good quality restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel and you can get a very good 2 course meal including a bottle of wine for around 70€ for 2 adults.
The hotels other facilities include free wifi, car parking and both indoor and outdoor pools and good gym.
Overall we had a great holiday and the hotel represents good value for money in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal