We travelled here in mid April on a Thomson package on a half board basis. We had an east-facing room, with a partial sea view, which meant we got the sun from mid morning to early afternoon. West facing would probably be a better option, to catch the sun later in the day. The rooms themselves are fresh and spotlessly clean with a mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was spacious with two basins and a separate toilet area. We enjoyed our meals, both breakfast and the buffet-style dinner. There were always plenty of choices at both meals, everything freshly cooked. The salad bar and dessert choice were particular highlights. We found the staff both charming and helpful. The hotel had plenty of outside areas in which to sunbathe and relax, and it was always easy to find a spot to ourselves. The hotel itself is in a good area, with plenty of eating places nearby, and there are lots of buses passing by if you don't fancy the walk into Funchal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal