This hotel - just outside of downtown Funchal - was amazing. Its 5-Star rating was completely justified based on its indoor and outdoor pools, its restaurant (where we had an included buffet breakfast each day), its well-appointed rooms and balconies and its proximity to dining, shopping and local transportation. The indoor pool was the one of the most luxurious and lavish we have ever seen plus that water was nice and warm. The outdoor pool had plenty of cushioned lounges and umbrellas and overlooked the fabulous “walking promenade” that stretches along the Atlantic Ocean in this part of the island. Couple this with the fact that there were four excellent restaurants right across the street from the hotel and you couldn’t ask for more. The hop-on and hop-off “Yellow Bus” plus regular local buses stopped just one block away or behind the hotel, as well. It was a perfect hotel to “kick back” in especially with the water views from a spacious balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal