See my previous review of May 2013. The Melia has retained its high standards since our last visit. Excellent modern accommodation with very high hygiene standards.Good location for easy access into Funchal centre. Reception staff welcoming and instructive. Daily maid service is very efficient. So many staff to compliment, such as Hugo and Felipe at the bar, Fatima, Solange (Trainee) and Carlos at the pool and restaurant service, and Pool attendants Hugo and Luis. Particular thanks to Pestana for his service at the Pool Restaurant and Evening Bar. Highlight of our stay was the surprise invitation through Pestana to have dinner with Signor Sanches (The Captain) accompanied by Phillippa. Very enjoyable evening in the company of two Spanish couples and a French couple.
The hotel's buffet breakfast is extensive as is the evening buffet dinner. Local recommended restaurants for other dining are conveniently close- by. Would highly recommend the hotel and will no doubt be planning a further visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Expedia, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal